ios 9 with TFW 23.0 no data connectivity

Re: ios 9 with TFW 23.0 no data connectivity

Postby ST-Stacy » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:35 pm

Hi! madmaxmedia! This is Straight Talk Stacy. I am sorry that you're having an issue. I will contact you directly through private message. Please check your forum inbox. Thank you!
ST-Stacy

Postby acox222 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:45 am

Spoke with ST on Thursday 01/14. They told me my order for new phones was canceled even though my order is still listed as in process. However, for no reason whatsoever the data on my phone is now working! My wife's phone is still not. I have done nothing different between the 2 phones. I called ST Tech again Thursday and troubleshot the issue. They were unable to resolve the issue and told me to call back Friday before 9PM so they could contact Verizon for help with the issue. (Apparently ST uses Verizon's towers in my area.)

So Friday 01/15 comes around I call and do all the same troubleshooting AGAIN with another tech even though they gave me a direct line with a PIN to avoid all this. I told the tech we did this Thursday and that she needed to contact Verizon. After doing all the troubleshooting again to no avail, they get ahold of Verizon. Verizon's brilliant attempt at a resolution...."go outside or near a window and reboot your phone." I am 100% serious. After that obviously did not work. The ST tech told me again that my wife's phone is defective and to take it to an Apple Store or return it. I then told her how my phone started working for no reason at all and asked her if she knew why. She did not.

So I am to the point now where I need to know if anyone who uses ST has an iPhone 6s that works with no issues? I've seen people on other forums and this one obviously with the same issue. I am prepared to order my wife another phone but not unless I know that someone out there has successfully activated an iPhone 6S with no issues. Was my phone activation a fluke? Will it last?

I understand iOS9 is garbage because it doesn't let you update the APN settings but I feel as popular as Apple products are, ST can't just ignore this entire section of the market. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
acox222

Postby ST-Kurt » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:11 am

Hi acox222! Our apology for what happened. I am Straight Talk Kurt. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thanks!
ST-Kurt

Postby johnnysinn » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:05 am

I have had this same problem with iPhone 5s from Verizon for almost 2 months now, after hours of being on phone w- ST resetting phone with no success
johnnysinn

Postby ST-Mary Ann » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:21 am

Hi johnnysinn! My name is ST Mary Ann and I'll be addressing your concern. For me to assist you further, we need to take this issue offline. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thanks!
ST-Mary Ann

Postby Vank1979 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:16 pm

I have the same issue. I have an iPhone 6+ factory unlocked. I can't get data at all. I've tried the "iapnupdate.straighttalk.com" setting I've seen in other threads; but the signature is expired. My job is contingent on having access to the Internet. Help please!
Vank1979

Postby ST-Mary Ann » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:38 pm

Hi Vank1979! My name is Straight Talk Mary Ann. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thank you.
ST-Mary Ann

Postby azianichole » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:29 pm

I literally reset everything including renewing the release(in wifi) and resetting statistics(in cellular). Re-did all of my settings and everything like I just got a brand new. :|
azianichole

Postby jlht1111 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:10 pm

My iphone5s will not work with straighttalk either. I have been on phone or chat since jan 22 at least for 6-7 hours. Replaced SIM card, reset phone to factory settings. After reset, it goes back to Verizon, then a prompt occurs asking me to do a 'carrier update'. The carrier update switches it to TFW then it give the message "could not activate cellular data network".
jlht1111

Postby ST-Stacy » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:56 pm

Hi! jlht1111! This is Straight Talk Stacy. I am sorry that you're having an issue. I will contact you directly through private message. Please check your forum inbox. Thank you!
ST-Stacy

PreviousNext

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general Straight Talk discussions.