No signal on Huawei Ascend II

No signal on Huawei Ascend II

Postby dodsfall » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:15 pm

I just bought a Huawei Ascend II and get no signal inside the house and barely any signal if I step outside to the street. I am unable to make or receive calls indoors.

I have two additional Straight Talk phones (a LG and a Samsung phone) and have decent signal strength anywhere in the house with either of those.
dodsfall

Re: No signal on Huawei Ascend II

Postby Anne_ST » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:56 am

Hi dodsfall. My name is Straight Talk Anne. I’m going to try to help you now.
We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I’ll contact you directly through a private message and you will receive a confirmation on the e-mail address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thanks.
Anne_ST

Postby dodsfall » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:57 pm

Making post to reply to PM
dodsfall

Postby dodsfall » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:58 pm

dodsfall

Postby dodsfall » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:05 pm

dodsfall

Postby dodsfall » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:10 pm

Adding a couple more posts to be able to send a PM.
dodsfall

Postby dodsfall » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:11 pm

How often are new posts moderated for publishing?
dodsfall

Postby Sophie_ST » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:39 am

Hi dodsfall. My name is Straight Talk Sophie. I have approved your posts. Please check if your private messaging feature has been enabled. Thanks.
Sophie_ST

Postby dodsfall » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:18 am

I sent the private message with the serial number and MEID number for the phone.
dodsfall

Postby dodsfall » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:27 pm

While I'm waiting on a response, I'll recap my experience so far so others have an idea of what to expect.

I am having signal strength issues to the extent that I cannot make or receive calls indoors at home. The phone shows 0 bars. I have two additional Straight Talk phones that have 75 to 100% bars at all times in the exact same same location.

On July 27th, two days after posting originally, I received a PM response from straight talk asking for the phone serial/MEID number. I couldn't respond to the PM since the forum requires at least 5 posts before you can send messages to a moderator. I made the 5 posts and waited 4 days for them to be approved by a moderator so I could send the numbers via PM.

3 days after that, I got a message telling me to remove the battery from the phone for 1 minute and replace it. I did that and nothing changed, so I sent another PM letting them know.

The next day, I got a message back asking for my address to check the area coverage. I sent a reply.

A day later, I was given instructions to reprogram the phone via a forced download. I completed that and now can sometimes get 1 bar to show up, but the phone is unable to maintain a call for more than 5 seconds without dropping the call if it can call out at all. I'd estimate about a 50-50 chance of it even ringing when called.

I sent back another PM letting them know that the phone was still not working correctly (this was yesterday) and haven't heard back as of today.

So far the entire process has taken almost 2 weeks (1/2 of the pre-paid monthly service) with no solution in sight.
dodsfall

Next

Return to Links to Straight Talk service area map and discussions about coverage.