Unlocked Verizon phones

Unlocked Verizon phones

Postby calebfrost » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:41 pm

I'm wanting to know if I buy an unlocked Verizon phone would I be able to use it on the straight talk network. I have seen ads where you can bring your at&t and t-mobile phones over to straight talk, however Verizon has the only towers in my area. I currently have a straight talk phone, but I would want to find a phone closer to what I'm looking for. Next question would be if yes can all unlocked Verizon phones work or are there only a select few and what do I need to look for in order to bring the phone over. Thanks.

P.S. a phone example would be the droid razer or droid HTC Incredible
calebfrost

Re: Unlocked Verizon phones

Postby ST - Katie » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:47 pm

Hi calebfrost. No, you cannot use your Verizon phone on Straight Talk Bring Your Own Phone program. You can only bring an AT&T or T-mobile compatible GSM phone, or an unlocked GSM phone. BlackBerry, CDMA phones and branded TracFone, SafeLink, NET10 or Straight Talk phones will not work with this program. For more info about our BYOP program, you can click on the link www.straighttalkSIM.com. Thanks.
ST - Katie

Postby calebfrost » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:44 pm

So since the area I live in only has Verizon towers I'm stuck with the phones that straight talk provide? I currently have the Samsung Galaxy Proclaim. Which from what I could find is the best android phone for my area. I'm wanting to find a better android phone for my area while still staying in straight talk. I like the company I have yet to have any issues with Straight Talk where as Verizon is too expensive and AT&T and T-mobile just don't work. I'm really just looking for options at the moment. I would love a better quality android phone for both me and my wife, but if all I get are a what I feel is a lower end phone that is fine. I'm happy with the service I get with straight talk, I don't mind being 70% happy about thing, Any who. Thanks for the help.
calebfrost

Postby ST - Katie » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:21 pm

You're welcome, calebfrost. If/when there are new phones to announce, we will post it on our website. To view current offers, please visit http://bit.ly/lLOha2. Thanks.
ST - Katie

Postby Tusitala2442 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:34 pm

participating to enable pm
Tusitala2442

Postby ST - Katie » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:42 pm

Hi Tusitala2442. Your posts have been approved. Please make 3 more posts to enable your private messaging option. Thanks.
ST - Katie

Postby peralex1 » Mon May 06, 2013 7:59 pm

https://www.pagepluscellular.com
here is the answer for Verizon phones.
peralex1

Postby peralex1 » Mon May 06, 2013 8:00 pm

https://www.pagepluscellular.com
here is the answer to Verizon phones.
peralex1

Return to Making the transition to Straight Talk prepaid
no-contract service. Want to keep your number from your old provider? Learn how, here.