ZTE Merit Question...

ZTE Merit Question...

Postby HarryNutz » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:47 pm

Does this phone support hotspot? Would like to be able to use my laptop while on the road and this feature would be nice. If this doesnt support it... what phone in the same price range would?
HarryNutz

Re: ZTE Merit Question...

Postby Jennifer_ST » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:08 am

Hi HarryNutz. The phone can be tethered to your computer to transfer data from the phone to computer or computer to phone but cannot be used as a modem to obtain an internet connection, that violates the terms of service. Thank you.
Jennifer_ST

Postby HarryNutz » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:37 am

Do you offer any phones that are within the price range of the Merit and DO offer the ability to get an internet connection from it as a modem?
HarryNutz

Postby Jhonally_ST » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:45 am

No HarryNutz. Straight Talk phones could not be used as a modem or an access to the internet, intranets, or any applications that tether your device to a laptop or personal computer. Thanks.
Jhonally_ST

Postby HarryNutz » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:50 pm

Ok good enough... shame cause I really like your coverage and all, but without the tethering it wouldn't work for me. Guess Im off to another provider that offer it and maybe someday if you company follows suit I can re-evaluate
HarryNutz

Return to Making the transition to Straight Talk prepaid
no-contract service. Want to keep your number from your old provider? Learn how, here.