Filing a Complaint with the FCC

Re: Filing a Complaint with the FCC

Postby John » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:56 pm

Hi synkroncty. My name is Straight Talk John. We’re sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thank you.
John

Postby fortitude2k8 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:06 am

Yes, I agree I am in a similar situation where I placed an overnight order for a SIM card and a $45 unlimited plan for my Samsung Galaxy Note (which I purchased at full price - unsubsidized) and received it Friday, June 15, 2012. Since then it has been a nightmare. Today is Monday, June 18, 2012, and my phone still displays, "SIM not provisioned MM#2." I went the whole weekend (including Father's Day) without a functioning phone and after placing a call around noon time - Sunday June 17, 2012 - to Straight Talk's customer support, who assured me that my SIM card would be activated in 3 or 4 hours. Well, obviously this did not happen and it is completely unacceptable. I contacted customer support again, this time via email earlier this morning in order to solve this problem as soon as possible. If I do not have this resolved by 5 pm (EST) - June 18, 2012 - I will be requesting an immediate refund and will seek service elsewhere.

I have a business to run and Straight Talk needs to understand that when their customers place an order to be shipped overnight for their product/services, they expect,"a sense of urgency," and expect to receive that product/service the next day, up and running; And if there are any problems, customers expect their customer support staff to be competent enough to understand the problem and also take into account this "sense of urgency" or else they will lose customers quickly, no matter how competitively their product/service is priced at, we as customers demand that the product/service we are purchasing actually works.
fortitude2k8

Postby John » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:54 pm

Hi fortitude2k8. My name is Straight Talk John and I will be assisting you with regards on your complaints because this is vital to us. I will be checking on why this has happened. Please check your forum inbox for us to know exactly the detailed information on what happened to the order. Thanks!
John

Postby newyorkien » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:48 am

Im having the exact same problem and I am receiving the same run around
newyorkien

Postby shelley » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:11 am

having problems also and getting mm2 error. i have no other phone and pressing any support button the the website is a joke as it only brings a page up which mirrors the stuff that was mailed. HELLO! I can read but what I cannot do is use my phone. My husband cut off utilities and I am a domestic abuse survivor. I need this phone in case of an emergency, He still has keys to our apartment he recently left. You guys I would have thought should have provided better service. I had to call and first complain about double billing, then I ordered on a saturday and paid for over night shipping and just received yesterday and now this?

where is this in box in the forum you speak of. I am new
shelley

Postby jjden6jxb » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:02 pm

REALLY STRAIGHT TALK REALLY

Why can't simple port in be completed in compliance with the FCC Regulations?

Why do your customer service people even bother to answer the phone? They do not provide any information that is of any use.

All I want is my phone to work.
jjden6jxb

Postby Shelly_ST » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:48 am

Hi, jjden6jxb. My name is StraightTalk Shelly. Let me help you. I will contact you directly with a private message so we can address this issue further. Thank you.
Shelly_ST

Postby jjden6jxb » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:25 pm

Shelly_ST wrote:Hi, jjden6jxb. My name is StraightTalk Shelly. Let me help you. I will contact you directly with a private message so we can address this issue further. Thank you.

my private message is disabled
jjden6jxb

Postby banks376 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:16 pm

I was a very happy customer until today. My internet was shut off and now I cannot do my work cause i went over their limit on an unlimited plan. I really enjoyed the service but now i plan to talk to a awyer and file a complaint in the morning.
banks376

Postby Jmuchnick » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:11 pm

I have been trying to resolve an outstanding ticket for 2 weeks. Straight Talk has botched the number port and now I'm left without my number until they resolve their issues. I've called more than a dozen to times to get this resolved. Can anyone help? I'm at the the point where i need to get the FCC involved through their complaint processes.
Jmuchnick

Next

Return to Making the transition to Straight Talk prepaid
no-contract service. Want to keep your number from your old provider? Learn how, here.