iPhone 4S with StraightTalk - Data doesn't work - PDP authen

iPhone 4S with StraightTalk - Data doesn't work - PDP authen

Postby SweatCoder » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:33 pm

I just switched my locked AT&T iPhone over to StraightTalk in order to save money. I ordered the micro-SIM from ST. It came in the mail and I installed it in my phone. I bought a month of ST, ported over my number from ATT, and the phone usage works great.

What doesn't work is the data. Wireless is fine, but when I try to use celluar data (with 3G turned On or Off, it doesn't matter), there is no data or Internet working.

I downloaded and installed the iPhone Configuration Utility (from Apple's site) and downloaded this mobiconfig:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/pp3p0yb52 ... bileconfig

Once downloaded, with the config utility running, I double-clicked the file, It loaded right into the utility. Then the utility let me install it on my iPhone. On the iphone I was prompted to allow the config thing, and that worked. Everything seemed smooth and good. Only problem is, the data/Internet simply does not work.

When I launch Safari, I always get this error message:

"Could not activate cellular data network. PDP authentication failure." I called StraightTalk and they said to call Apple. I think Apple will not help me with this, since now I'm being subversive by switching from overprice AT&T.

After painful, frustrating months, I finally got my iPhone working with ST texting and data, and documented all steps here: http://zerogravpro.com/Resources/StraightTalk/StraightTalk_iPhone4.html
Last edited by SweatCoder on Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
SweatCoder

Re: iPhone 4S with StraightTalk - Data doesn't work - PDP au

Postby Jennifer_ST » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:20 pm

Hi SweatCoder. My name is Straight Talk Jennifer. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message and you will receive confirmation of this at the email address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thank you.
Jennifer_ST

Postby evitagates » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:17 pm

I am having the same exact problem. I have an iPhone 3GS and I just switched to save money. Straight Talk Customer Service is not helpful in the least. They also told me to contact Apple, which I feel is a waste as they will only help the customers who are using AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon.

Please help.

I hate to be paying for data and not using the option.

Thanks.
evitagates

iPhone 3GS Data not working

Postby evitagates » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:18 pm

I am having the same exact problem. I have an iPhone 3GS and I just switched to save money. Straight Talk Customer Service is not helpful in the least. They also told me to contact Apple, which I feel is a waste as they will only help the customers who are using AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon.

Please help.

I hate to be paying for data and not using the option.

Thanks.
evitagates

Postby marianne » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:05 am

Hi evitagates. My name is StraightTalk Marianne. Let me help you. We need to take this issue offline so I can gather your account information to check your account. I will contact you directly with a private message.
marianne

Postby SweatCoder » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:20 pm

Jennifer_ST: I'm fine taking this offline, but why haven't you contacted me? I'm really anxious. My email is sweatcoder -- at -- gmail.

Thanks. I am waiting. :-)
SweatCoder

Postby SweatCoder » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:23 pm

Oh, and one more thing. It's amazing (and sadly humourous) that StraightTalk says "call Apple" when iPhone data plan doesn't work. I contacted Apple and they were nasty with me, telling me that switching to ST is NOT supported and they WOULD NOT help me.

ST, are you listening? Do you REALLY think it's a good idea to tell thousands of iPhone users "go call Apple", knowing full well that they'll have a bad experience when they try that?
SweatCoder

Postby karl1204 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:41 pm

Hi,
I'm having the same problem with a 3gs. I've installed the APN settings on the unlockit.co.nz website and also used the Apple configuration software to change my APN settings. I still cannot use safari when I am not connected to WIFI. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Karl
karl1204

Postby TheDogQueen » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:31 pm

Jennifer at ST, I received your PM but the site won't let me PM you back. What am I doing wrong?
TheDogQueen

Postby sdjm1026 » Tue May 01, 2012 12:57 am

I too have this issue only with an LG thrill p925. Will someone please contact me to help?!
sdjm1026

Next

Return to Making the transition to Straight Talk prepaid
no-contract service. Want to keep your number from your old provider? Learn how, here.