Mobile Network Not Available

Mobile Network Not Available

Postby kellyk4673 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:49 am

Yesterday my service stopped working around the same time that straight talk's auto refill posted to my bank account. I spent 4 hours on the phone with customer service, reset my phone and wiped out all of my apps and contacts, was told that I had to change my phone number (which I protested to and then was told it was not necessary)... I can't talk, text, or use mobile data. I have a Samsung Android phone. I have been told it will take 1 to 3 days to fix the problem. I bought the phone just over a month ago (I had straight talk service on a different phone before that). It was an investment to purchase the phone and it is essential that I am able to be reached on my phone.
I have never had an issue with signal or dropped calls on my phone in the area where I live. I don't understand what the problem is or why it would take three days to fix.
No one has helped me and I have seen other posts from people with the same problem but no word on how long it took to resolve the issue or if the issue was resolved.
I am very frustrated with Straight Talk at the moment.
kellyk4673

Re: Mobile Network Not Available

Postby georgeriddick » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:12 pm

Hey man, i am having the same problem with my straight talk phone, customer service say call volume is to high to talk to me, and to check the website. The website says to call straight talk! What dumb work is that!! I cant even get a human on the line, and my phone has been down for three days! I need my phone now, but at this rate i will have to look elsewhere if the problem isnt fixed by tomorrow. My business is vastly run off this phone, so i have little patience for these sort of foul ups. please let me know if you get a fix in the meantime. Thanks
georgeriddick

Postby kellyk4673 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:43 pm

It's no better if you do get a human on the line. They don't speak english clearly and they will give you the run around. They reset my phone and wiped out my apps and contacts. They tried to tell me I needed to change my number. Then I think they stalled me by telling me it would take 24 to 72 hours to fix but it has been about 60 hours and there is still no resolution. I will post when/if I do get some sort of resolution. :oops: :cry:
kellyk4673

Postby kellyk4673 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:27 am

Okay. It's been 72 hours. Still no resolution and no one giving me any idea of what we can do from here. :oops:
kellyk4673

Postby bethlynn1980 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:18 am

Im having the same issue tells me no service and it went out.at 8 last night.. and still no service im working off my wi fi but.cant make calls or text what to do!!!!
bethlynn1980

Postby Anne_ST » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:03 am

Hi bethlynn1980. My name is Straight Talk Anne. I’m going to try to help you now.
We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I’ll contact you directly through a private message. Thanks.
Anne_ST

Postby Cassratz3 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:28 pm

I have the mobile networking problem too. Took sim card out n back in and turned phone off then on.. not working at all.
Cassratz3

Postby ST - Kyle » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:41 pm

Hi Cassratz3. My name is ST - Kyle. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thanks.
ST - Kyle

Postby kgustin2 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:57 pm

im having the same issue except i cant get to anything in my phone it just has a green circle in the middle of the screen i havent had service in 3 days and im getting irritated i payed my bill so there shouldnt be any problem. i called straight talk and got nowhere i was waiting for almost an hour on hold and still got nothing.
kgustin2

Postby kgustin2 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:59 pm

phone hasnt been working for the last 3 days i tried to call straighttalk and got nowhere was waiting for a representative for an hour and still didnt reach anyone i have 2 kids and looking for job i NEED my phone!!! :oops:
kgustin2

Next

Return to Post your questions and get answers about talking and texting, and setting up voicemail with your Straight Talk.