Unable to download MMS Group texts

Unable to download MMS Group texts

Postby Sabres1985 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:31 pm

Hello,

In the last couple days I'm suddenly unable to download MMS and group messages. Every time they come in I get an error, and when I try to manually download them I get failure to download errors. This used to occasionally happen, but in the last couple days it now happens on every message. Overall I've been pretty unhappy with your service and am seriously considering switching providers if this issue persists.
Sabres1985

Re: Unable to download MMS Group texts

Postby ST-Yvonne » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:32 pm

Hi Sabres1985! My name is Straight Talk Yvonne. We're sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message and you will receive confirmation of this at the email address you provided when you signed up for this forum.
ST-Yvonne

Postby rmikulec » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:46 pm

I am having the same issue.
rmikulec

Postby ST-Yvonne » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:28 pm

Hi rmikulec! My name is Straight Talk Yvonne. Let me help you with that but we need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message and you will receive confirmation of this at the email address you provided when you signed up for this forum.
ST-Yvonne

Postby wendyhq » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:23 pm

I am having a problem receiving group texts. I can receive just the other ATT users. The others don't download
wendyhq

Postby wendyhq » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:26 pm

I am having this issue now. Only group message I receive is from another ATT user
wendyhq

Postby ST-Mary Ann » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:31 pm

Hi wendyhq! My name is Straight Talk Mary Ann. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thank you.
ST-Mary Ann

Postby dwfarrell » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:18 pm

I'm having the same issue. I've been on with straight talk support 4 times with no resolution. I finally reset my phone this morning and it didn't help. Anyone discover a fix? Seems like it's probably an ATT / Straight talk issue.
dwfarrell

Postby ST-Mary Ann » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:46 pm

Hi dwfarrell! My name is Straight Talk Mary Ann. Sorry that you’re having a problem. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thank you.
ST-Mary Ann

Postby dwfarrell » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:15 pm

If anyone is wondering what happens when they send you a private message, it's an invite to a chat session where they tell you to change the APN settings to different ones that also don't work. That and taking 20 minutes to check that your account "is properly provisioned".
dwfarrell

Next

Return to Post your questions and get answers about talking and texting, and setting up voicemail with your Straight Talk.