voicemail not working

voicemail not working

Postby assemsal » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:10 am

I have just purchased a straight talk sim a few last week. I ported my number and everything is working fine except for my voicemail. Whenever I call my voicemal, it says invalid mailbox.

I tried calling tech support but they insist the problem is my phone. I tried calling my number EVEN WHEN MY PHONE IS COMPLETELY OFF and it doesn't go to voicemail. This should be the normal behavior for any cell service. So, the problem must be on their end. It seams like my voice mail was not activated.

I have seen many people with this same problem. Has anyone had this same experience? Did it get eventually resolved? I can't seam to get the tech support people to escalate my call to someone WHO ACTUALLY UNDERSTANDS what I'm talking about.
assemsal

Re: voicemail not working

Postby ST - Catherine » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:11 am

Good day assemsal. My name is Straight Talk Catherine. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline, so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thank you.
ST - Catherine

Postby assemsal » Wed May 01, 2013 1:55 pm

Straight Talk did actually fix my voicemail and it is working fine now.

For those that are having the same issue, the best way to deal with this is to post your problem on the forums instead of calling tech support. The problem seams to be the voicemail wasn't activated for my account. So, it's not a phone issue, it is something on their end.

Hope that helps someone.
assemsal

Postby lonjin » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:26 pm

I bought a phone a couple weeks ago an my voice mail isn't working now either!!
lonjin

Postby Sophie_ST » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:56 am

Hi lonjin. My name is Straight Talk Sophie. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I’ll contact you directly with a private message. Thanks.
Sophie_ST

Return to Post your questions and get answers about talking and texting, and setting up voicemail with your Straight Talk.