Throttle

Post your questions and get answers about
Straight Talk Service Plan Options.

Throttle

Postby bstringer2002 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:30 am

Ok, I think everyone here understands why phone carriers throttle. They have a business to run. Can someone at straight talk, please be honest, and tell us all at what GB or daily MB you throttle. I know there is a number. Your team doesn't sit around and see what each customer is viewing. You look for a certian amount of usage. So please tell us, and we will use our data accordingly.
bstringer2002

Re: Throttle

Postby ST - Jayme » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:19 pm

Hi bstringer2002. My name is Straight Talk Jayme. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline, so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thank you.
ST - Jayme

Postby dmoney » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:39 am

ST - Jayme wrote:Hi bstringer2002. My name is Straight Talk Jayme. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline, so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thank you.

Why not just answer the question ONLINE?
dmoney

Postby crwys » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:11 pm

I agree. Its about time we can get some actual support on things that matter.
After getting throttled my first month, I installed a data usage tracker for my 2nd month.
I have noticed that they seem to start throttling at 3gb. My data usage is almost at 3gb and I just started getting throttled today.
Also the throttle is more than excessive (bringing you back to the dial-up ages) where some pages won't even load due to so slow of a connection.
I'm getting about 10 - 30kb after throttle.
crwys

Postby kedoby » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:02 pm

I don't know but I think there is a throttle policy for customer. But I think I only have one time high speed in the first after that it is always slow.
kedoby

Postby kedoby » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:04 pm

Does any use skype ? I don't know if I use skype to be a video call and just once then I can't use video call by skype when I have a slow speed.
kedoby

Return to Service Plan Options