Byop; can I transfer my current account to new sim?

Post your questions and get answers about
Straight Talk Service Plan Options.

Byop; can I transfer my current account to new sim?

Postby disciple360 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:33 pm

I have a phone that requires a micro aim and would like to transfer my current straight talk service to a new sim to activate this phone. I haven't bought the sim yet to avoid complications.
disciple360

Re: Byop; can I transfer my current account to new sim?

Postby Jennifer_ST » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:02 pm

Hi disciple360. Yes, you can transfer your phone number and remaining service to the new BYOP (Bring Your Own Phone) SIM card. We can assist you here with the transfer once you have the new SIM card. For more info about our BYOP program, you can click on the link www.straighttalkSIM.com. Thank you.
Jennifer_ST

Postby Jnlykins » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:21 pm

Thank you for this. I had the same question. I wanted to use my old ATT phone with straight talk but I bought a phone at walmart and activated it. I was to worried to buy the sim card online for fear that the unlimited plan that I just bought would not transfer over to my ATT phone wih the straight talk SIM. The phone you bring over from another provided doesn't have to be an unlocked phone does it?
Jnlykins

Postby Anne_ST » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:55 am

Hi Jnlykins. My name is Straight Talk Anne. As long as the phone is an AT&T GSM phone, T-Mobile GSM phone, or an UNLOCKED domestic GSM phone, then it should work. To view more about the BYOP (Bring Your Own Phone) program, you can visit this site www.straighttalkSIM.com. Thanks.
Anne_ST

Return to Service Plan Options