Wrong Plan Purchased Yesterday

Post your questions and get answers about
Straight Talk Service Plan Options.

Wrong Plan Purchased Yesterday

Postby mx_chick » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:49 pm

I have been a customer since 2013. Purchased 3 phones from Straigh Talk. Referred friends to your service as well. Today was the 1st time I ever had to contact your customer service & was treated horribly.

I am 2 weeks out from moving cities & changing banks. As such, I cancelled my standing auto refill for the unlimited plan as the card on file will be deactivated in 2 weeks. I then attempted to use the site to buy a ONE TIME unlimited plan refill with the intention of restarting the auto refill service for the unlimited plan next month upon receiving a new debit card. The site was PAINFULLY slow to load, & timed out several times. It was nearly impossible to click anything as it would end up being the wrong selection due to the page apparently still loading. The app as I reported on the Playstore review does not function on my phone. I checked other sites, and all loaded fine. After 45 mins of fumbling with the site, at nearly midnight on my service end date I was able to refill my service on your painfully slow site. This was all executed from the phone itself.

In reviewing my bank activity today I noticed I was only charged for a $35 plan & immediatly called Customer Service. I spoke to a man that advised they could issue a refund of the $35 plan purchased in error & process the unlimited plan purchase. He advised he would need to put me through to the refunds dept. The man that answered in Refunds barely spoke English & was incredibly difficult to understand. I explained the issue once again & he stated he would not process a refund but could process a purchase of an unlimited plan for next month but add it now. I stated as a 6 year customer this was not acceptable & that he can clearly see I always use the unlimited plan. I use my phone for work as I travel over a region of 3 states & depend on the data. I asked to speak to a manager & he said he was the only person available. I advised that if this was not resolved I will be forced to take my service elsewhere as of tomorrow. I simply CANNOT do my job with out data. The rep seemed unbothered & had the audacity to ask if he could help with anything else!!!
If this cannot be resolved I want my service cancelled immediatly. This is no way to treat a 6 year loyal customer who is simply trying to maintain usable service. So upsetting.
mx_chick

Re: Wrong Plan Purchased Yesterday

Postby ST - Larry » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:35 am

Hi mx_chick. I'm Straight Talk Larry. I regret that we provided you with bad service and a poor customer experience. This is not the kind of experience we want you to have. We would like to discuss the details of the issue, so that we can address it immediately. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
ST - Larry

Return to Service Plan Options