VOICE OVER LTE (VOLTE) ON VERIZON?

Post your questions and get answers about
Straight Talk Service Plan Options.

VOICE OVER LTE (VOLTE) ON VERIZON?

Postby owenw4rd » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:22 pm

Hi, I have an unlocked iPhone 6 on the ST Verizon network.

Under the Cellular LTE options, Voice & Data is one of the LTE options, but I get this error message:

Cannot Activate LTE Calls
To enable LTE calls on this account,
contact Verizon.

How do I enable voice over LTE? Do I have to contact Verizon or can ST enable it for me?

Thanks,
Owen
owenw4rd

Re: VOICE OVER LTE (VOLTE) ON VERIZON?

Postby ST-Mary Ann » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:25 am

Hi owenw4rd! My name is Straight Talk Mary Ann. I’m going to try to help you with this matter. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thank you.
ST-Mary Ann

Postby matg924 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:37 am

I'm having the same issue but with Samsung Galaxy Note 4. I get an error message when I try to turn on this function.
matg924

Postby ST-Yvonne » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:22 am

Hi matg924. My name is Straight Talk Yvonne. We are willing to assist you through this channel. Unfortunately, we need to address your concern privately since the account information is needed so we can better assist you in fixing the issue. I've sent you a private message in your Forum inbox so please check it. The Forum inbox is located at the upper left corner of this Forum beside the User Control Panel. Thanks.
ST-Yvonne

Postby harr2969 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:42 pm

I don't want to private message, but I would like to know if VoLTE is supported on Verizon at all? Are there some phones I could buy that would allow me to use it?
harr2969

Postby ST-Stacy » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:07 pm

Hi! Harr2969! This is Straight Talk Stacy. I will contact you directly through private message. Please check your forum inbox. Thank you!
ST-Stacy

Postby mark4321 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:37 pm

I just upgraded to a Verizon - Galaxy S7 from an S5. On the S5, I could do voice and data simultaneously, but on the S7 I cannot. I opened a straight talk chat session, and requested help, and basically was told, "sorry for the inconvenience".

Omar: Unfortunately, we do not have that option available with this technology.
You: I also, understand its not available yet, but you should be working on a resolution.
Omar: Unfortunately, there is nothing that I can do now.
You: you could talk to your planning and contracting teams, and at lease update your website
You: maybe your contracting team doesnt even know its needed
You: since I"m telling you this, and requesting an escalation, can't you even open a ticket?
You: as a customer, am I not authorized to tell you whats missing, and what could make straight talk better?
You: your employee told me there are no management staff, and no higher level technicians. how do you know what you need, in order to keep up with current technology?
Omar: I am sorry for that.
You: are you saying you have no intention of forwarding this request, or allowing me to open a ticket?
Omar: Like I said we don´t provide that service.
You: I can see you, and your staff are not interested in helping.
You: sorry for the inconvenience.

If you don't have this option, that's fine, but you need to advertise on the page for choosing carriers, or up front so everyone can see, that straight talk does not support Verizon's new LTE protocols. All the new phones work specifically on VoLTE, and Verizon will one day be removing the 1x and going everything over LTE. if straight talk is going to continue "reselling" Verizon services, they need to add the advanced calling features to the plans. This is no extra cost at Verizon, so there's no reason not to do it. If Straight talk is working on this already, then please, just pose a status on your web page.

I for one, would have purchased an AT&T phone if I had known this before buying a Verizon S7.
mark4321

Postby blav » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:15 am

Advanced Calling or VoLTE on VERIZON

Has anyone had success in activating simultaneous voice and data over StraightTalk Verizon on an iPhone6s? I switched over from Cricket and I am dumbstruck that I can't talk and surf on the StraighTalk Verizon network.

Any tips or successes with this appreciated!
blav

Postby ST-Mary Ann » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:40 pm

Hi blav! My name is Straight Talk Mary Ann. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thank you.
ST-Mary Ann

Postby blav » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:38 am

ST-Mary Ann wrote:Hi blav! My name is Straight Talk Mary Ann. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thank you.

Mary Ann I haven't received your PM. Please email me at blavendel at gmail.com
blav

Next

Return to Service Plan Options