Phone Storage is Full

Phone Storage is Full

Postby Miguel » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:19 pm

I have an Lgl55c and the following message appeared as I tried to text: "Phone storage is full" My question is, how is this storage deleted? Please send me instructions. Thanks.
Miguel

Re: Phone Storage is Full

Postby Jessica_ST » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:16 am

Good day, Miguel. My name is Jessica_ST and I'll be addressing your concern. You will just need to delete older text messages to be able to send and receive text messages from/to your phone again. To delete a message or message thread, go to Messaging Menu < From the message lists, touch and hold the message thread to display the context menu < Tap Delete thread and once prompted, tap OK to complete the process. You may also adjust your message settings so you will not encounter the same message again. From the Main screen, go to Messaging Menu < From within the Messaging screen, press the Home key and tap Settings < Adjust the following settings according to your needs: a) Delete old messages Enable this option to delete older text messages when the limit for maximum number of text messages is exceeded; b) Text message limit Sets the maximum number of text messages that can be stored on the device (per conversation). We hope this helps. Thank you.
Jessica_ST

Postby Miguel » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:14 pm

Ms. Jessica: I have done the steps you outline, yet every time I tried to text, the "phone is full" message reappears. Please advice.
Miguel

Postby Jessica_ST » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:34 pm

Hi Miguel. You may try removing the battery out from the phone while it's turned on, wait for 20 seconds, replace the battery, turn the phone back on, wait for another 20 seconds, try to send a text message and let us know if it works. Thank you.
Jessica_ST

Return to LG