LG Optimus Q Hanging/Won't Turn On

LG Optimus Q Hanging/Won't Turn On

Postby emmesf » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:53 pm

My daughter's phone was getting force close on an app she installed yesterday. She turned off the phone and when she went to turn it back on it just hangs on the Tracfone logo screen. At this point, it doesn't do anything but stay on that screen. She pulled the battery and tried to restart it but it is still just hanging on the Tracfone logo screen.

What can she do?
emmesf

Re: LG Optimus Q Hanging/Won't Turn On

Postby Jennifer_ST » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:49 pm

Hi emmesf. My name is Straight Talk Jennifer. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message and you will receive confirmation of this at the email address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thank you.
Jennifer_ST

Postby emmesf » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:13 am

I sent the information you requested.

I also removed the SD card and tried to restart the phone, but it still just hangs on the Tracfone logo screen.

What else can I do to get this phone to work?

Thanks.

EDIT: When leaving the phone "on" hanging on the Tracfone logo screen, every now and again the screen will go black as if it's restarting and then it goes all blue, and then it just settles back on the blue Tracfone logo screen. Please help :(
emmesf

Postby emmesf » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:10 pm

UPDATE: When leaving the phone turned "on" hanging on the Tracfone logo screen, every now and again the screen will go black as if it's restarting and then it goes all blue, and then it just settles back on the blue Tracfone logo screen. Please help :(
emmesf

Postby emmesf » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:52 pm

Some guidance would be nice!

Is there a way that I can start the phone in safe mode.

The phone is turning on but as I said earlier, getting hung-up on the blue Tracfone logo screen.

How can I get past this screen?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
emmesf

Postby emmesf » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:23 pm

Some help would be nice!
emmesf

Postby Charisse » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:43 am

Hi emmesf. My name is Straight Talk Charisse. Let me help you. One possibility for this issue is due to an application not being properly closed, force closes itself or multiple unused apps running. There's also a possibility that the application is not from a trusted market (virus, etc.) Please click on this link http://www.straighttalk.com/Common/Both ... 101111.pdf, scroll down to page. 96 and follow the instruction to hard reset your phone. Please be informed that all user applications and user data will be
deleted. Let me know what happens. Thanks.
Charisse

Postby 1212847 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:11 am

I had the exact same problem. I did the data wipe and it finally turned on. I had to reset everything, but that's better than having no phone at all. Really the part that took the longest was adding my contacts back in. I still had all my pictures and videos and music, which I was very happy about. Thanks for the advice even though it wasn't me asking for it :)

Postby optimus2012 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:06 pm

I am having the same problem with my phone being stuck on the blue TracFone logo screen. It keeps trying to turn-on every couple minutes, yet sticks on the blue screen. I also received an error message about an app having to force close and that my memory was full and I needed to erase files/apps. I have deleted apps and old texts before due to the memory problem and my phone would work fine after. This is the first time this has happened...I've only had the Optimus Q for 2 months. Please help!
optimus2012

Postby Stephanie_ST » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:07 pm

Hi optimus2012. My name is Straightalk Stephanie. In the unlikely event that your phone stops responding to taps and key presses, try a quick reset or crash recovery. Remove the back cover and battery, insert it back, and then turn the phone on. You may be able to do a factory reset if you can navigate the phone. Make sure as well that you have enough internal memory on your phone because this will usually cause for the phone to freeze. Thanks!
Stephanie_ST

Return to LG