Samsung Galaxy S2 NO INTERNET CONNECTION!!!

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 NO INTERNET CONNECTION!!!

Postby cleoo20 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:26 pm

I also have a Samsung Galaxy S2. I also get a NO INTERNET CONNECTION when I try to go online. This has been happening for two days now. I also have no 3G service, also for the past two days. The phone had been working fine for a month previously. Only cellular service is affected; the phone works fine on any wireless network. What has happened
cleoo20
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:28 pm

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 NO INTERNET CONNECTION!!!

Postby chconely » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:35 am

I seem to be in the same boat as the rest of the posters here in this thread. I purchase a ST Galaxy S2 for my wife a couple of weeks ago. Recently my wife and I decided to switch phones..her Galaxy S2 for my ST Galaxy proclaim. I received a new SIMs card from STfor Galaxy S2 and proceed with port/switch 4 days ago. Long story short the Galaxy S2 port of my phone no# was successful (wifes proclaim..not so lucky) but 3 days in I no longer have a mobile data connection. Apparently I've been deactivated until next refill. There seem to be a clear pattern for users of this $300.00 phone and that pattern does not seem to be in the customers favor. Apparently ST has adopted the new policy effective March 1st that 1.5 GB of data is the limit and user that go over that are stop from receiving any mobile data usage until they refill. This policy has not been spell out to ST user either by email, text or on the ST website. I found out through a customer service rep by matter of fact. Net 10 a sister company of ST has the policy clearly spelled out on their website and that how I confirm that this is what is happening to multiple S2 owners. It is a shame that users that purchase this "Great phone" will most likely experience this disruption in service for data. I do understand the goal especially with a discount phone provider that provide an unlimited plan on "paper" But customers are being somewhat mislead when purchasing this device. One of the CS reps I spoke with basically told me that under the ST terms of usage policy I basically could only expect to make phone calls and sent text messages and anything beyond that could/would bump up against the policy. Another CS rep supervisor somewhat softened that stance when he told me that apps that use data constantly or YouTube could have you removed until your next refill. SO in closing I have to while until mid month April be for my data connection is restored and here is the kicker. Apparently it was not my phone number that was associated with the excessive usage it was my wife's phone number. ST love your service most of the time but customer service needs a little work.
chconely
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:49 am

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 NO INTERNET CONNECTION!!!

Postby aliemarie96 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:53 pm

I am having a problem to access the add new APN function. I am using straighttalk 4g over attnt network it seems. All my galaxy s2 has is RESET TO DEFAULT on my APN list. Menu does not give me choice to add new or edit. Please help because I cannot send picture messages!
aliemarie96
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:52 pm

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 NO INTERNET CONNECTION!!!

Postby chconely » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:08 am

Posted yesterday about my Samsung Galaxy S2 and the data connection issues(dropped). I would like to report that my data has been restored after speaking with a CS rep. Thank you ST... but my wife's port from one ST phone to another ST phone well.....lets just say its 5 days and counting. But here the kicker...my data/internet has been restored but now my service end date has mysteriously changed from April 16th to April 3rd. I Guess I will spend a little more time on the phone listen to music trying to get this ISSUE resolved...hopefully I will reached someone that know what is happening. Customer service got to love it.
chconely
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:49 am

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 NO INTERNET CONNECTION!!!

Postby ST - Kyle » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:47 am

cleoo20 wrote:I also have a Samsung Galaxy S2. I also get a NO INTERNET CONNECTION when I try to go online. This has been happening for two days now. I also have no 3G service, also for the past two days. The phone had been working fine for a month previously. Only cellular service is affected; the phone works fine on any wireless network. What has happened


Hi cleoo20. My name is ST - Kyle. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thanks.
ST - Kyle
 
Posts: 4492
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:33 am

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 NO INTERNET CONNECTION!!!

Postby ST - Kyle » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:50 am

chconely wrote:I seem to be in the same boat as the rest of the posters here in this thread. I purchase a ST Galaxy S2 for my wife a couple of weeks ago. Recently my wife and I decided to switch phones..her Galaxy S2 for my ST Galaxy proclaim. I received a new SIMs card from STfor Galaxy S2 and proceed with port/switch 4 days ago. Long story short the Galaxy S2 port of my phone no# was successful (wifes proclaim..not so lucky) but 3 days in I no longer have a mobile data connection. Apparently I've been deactivated until next refill. There seem to be a clear pattern for users of this $300.00 phone and that pattern does not seem to be in the customers favor. Apparently ST has adopted the new policy effective March 1st that 1.5 GB of data is the limit and user that go over that are stop from receiving any mobile data usage until they refill. This policy has not been spell out to ST user either by email, text or on the ST website. I found out through a customer service rep by matter of fact. Net 10 a sister company of ST has the policy clearly spelled out on their website and that how I confirm that this is what is happening to multiple S2 owners. It is a shame that users that purchase this "Great phone" will most likely experience this disruption in service for data. I do understand the goal especially with a discount phone provider that provide an unlimited plan on "paper" But customers are being somewhat mislead when purchasing this device. One of the CS reps I spoke with basically told me that under the ST terms of usage policy I basically could only expect to make phone calls and sent text messages and anything beyond that could/would bump up against the policy. Another CS rep supervisor somewhat softened that stance when he told me that apps that use data constantly or YouTube could have you removed until your next refill. SO in closing I have to while until mid month April be for my data connection is restored and here is the kicker. Apparently it was not my phone number that was associated with the excessive usage it was my wife's phone number. ST love your service most of the time but customer service needs a little work.


Hi chconely. My name is ST - Kyle. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thanks.
ST - Kyle
 
Posts: 4492
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:33 am

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 NO INTERNET CONNECTION!!!

Postby ST - Kyle » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:51 am

aliemarie96 wrote:I am having a problem to access the add new APN function. I am using straighttalk 4g over attnt network it seems. All my galaxy s2 has is RESET TO DEFAULT on my APN list. Menu does not give me choice to add new or edit. Please help because I cannot send picture messages!


Hi aliemarie96. My name is ST - Kyle. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thanks.
ST - Kyle
 
Posts: 4492
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:33 am

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 NO INTERNET CONNECTION!!!

Postby shyzophren » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:05 pm

eb147529 wrote:Hello, i have the same problem !!

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 (by way of at&t) cell phone and all of a sudden my internet access stop working. The only way I am able to connect to the internet is with WiFi. Before two days ago, I was always able to access the internet without having to connect to WiFi. Can someone please help me!!!
P.Boatman
shyzophren
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:37 pm

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 NO INTERNET CONNECTION!!!

Postby sherasheba » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:26 pm

Shelly_ST - I can't reply to your message. From reading other posts you must post 5 times before you are able to reply by private message. Is this true? Thank you!
sherasheba
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:58 pm

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 NO INTERNET CONNECTION!!!

Postby ST - Kyle » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:08 am

shyzophren wrote:
eb147529 wrote:Hello, i have the same problem !!

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 (by way of at&t) cell phone and all of a sudden my internet access stop working. The only way I am able to connect to the internet is with WiFi. Before two days ago, I was always able to access the internet without having to connect to WiFi. Can someone please help me!!!


Hi . My name is ST - Kyle. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thanks.
ST - Kyle
 
Posts: 4492
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:33 am

PreviousNext

Return to Samsung

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests