Porting over from Verizon iphone 5

Porting over from Verizon iphone 5

Postby chadbordes » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:31 pm

Okay so i am probably an idiot, but I thought it could be done. I went to Walmart and picked up the sim package for 59.88 which includes the sim cards (3 to be exact 1 sim, 1 micro sim and 1 tmobile sim). I cut the sim card down to a nano sim. Inserted into my phone an followed the steps for activation. Phone activated properly. I then went to www.unlockit.co.nz to change my apn settings. Within minutes web was active. I called back because i guess i didn't realize that I had to port at the time of activation. I was advised by the girl that she would have to cancel my sim, mail a new sim (3-5 days in the mail) and then i could call back to activate and port the number. She processed the request. I called in to cancel the sending of the sim card this morning 2/20. I guess i now have to go back to walmart, buy another sim package, cut the sim again and make sure it fits in the phone, and follow the port instructions.

Can anyone please clarify this? Also am i going to lose out on the airtime that i purchased with the first set of sim cards or can that be rolled over to the new sim once i get it?

Sincerely
Chad :D
--
Thanks
Chad :-)
chadbordes

Re: Porting over from Verizon iphone 5

Postby ST - Katie » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:00 pm

Hi chadbordes. My name is ST Katie and I will be addressing your question. Yes, you need to purchase a new BYOP SIM card. You need to take note of the service PIN that you added so we can transfer it to the new SIM card. Thank you.
ST - Katie

Postby chadbordes » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:05 pm

should i do the port online or contact you guys? I was given an 866-667 number to call you back on. Im not sure which option is better. i just want to make sure I do it correctly this time :-)
I have both service pins :-)

Chad
--
Thanks
chadbordes

Postby ST - Katie » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:07 pm

You can do it either way, Chad. You can call the number that was given to you or you can ask assistance here. Thanks.
ST - Katie

Postby chadbordes » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:15 pm

You guys seem to be quicker. So i cut the sim card down to fit my phone. Currently it says no service. So if i choose through the website, I choose the option to port my number from a new carrier. It then asks for my new sim/esn. I entered that as well as the zip code and the new service pin. Does it ask me on the next screen for my verizon information?

Chad
--
Thanks
chadbordes

Postby tnave » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:26 pm

Thanks for posting this public. I think I'm going to have to do the same thing. Failed to port at the time of activation.
tnave

Return to Making the transition to Straight Talk prepaid
no-contract service. Want to keep your number from your old provider? Learn how, here.