Samsung S380C no text notifications

Re: Samsung S380C no text notifications

Postby megellas » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:51 pm

I hope straight talk reads these boards. I will be leaving straight talk and going to a different carrier. You should be ashamed of yourselves for offering a phone that you know doesn't work properly and then defending it on this forum. How about if the phone didn't ring when you got a phone call, would that be an issue or a feature? Shame, shame, shame
megellas

Postby ncmaggie » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:20 pm

OMG!! I JUST sent an email to tech support on this same issue and then decided to google it to see if someone out there had a fix.What a surprise to read this message board!

I agree with all of you! While this is not a fancy phone, one truly would expect to receive audible notification of a text message...mine is not even displaying the notification on the envelope that someone mentioned above. My child had the $9.99 Tracfone for a month and that gave a notification! I feel taken advantage of. I hope Straight Talk will agree to refund or exchange this phone.
ncmaggie

Postby edickins » Wed May 08, 2013 2:29 pm

OMG, I just purchased this phone for my son so he can pay for it himself. I was trying to figure out why text notifications didn't work and googled it, only to find this forum and to discover it wasn't even meant to work with Straight Talk. That's a pain in the butt. I was thinking about cancelling my AT&T account and just going to Straight Talk myself, but not with this type of shennigans going on. I might not even keep it for my son. Wow, Straight Talk. That's excessively cheap on Verizon's part.
edickins

Postby edickins » Wed May 08, 2013 2:32 pm

Stephanie_ST wrote:Hi OMG! My name is Straight Talk Stephanie and I will be addressing your question. Please be advised that Samsung S380C phone does not have audio notification alerts for voicemail, SMS and MMS. Thanks!

Obviously the Samsung S380C DOES have the audio notifications alerts -- it's in the book that came with it and you can turn it off and on within the phone settings. This must have something to do with Straight Talk. Not sure it's worth the price to pay each month when I can get my son on my AT&T plan for $9.99 plus tax a month. I wish I'd never bought him the Straight Talk, but I wanted to each him to be responsible and pay his own bill.
edickins

Postby serpntene » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:18 pm

Yeah, I just bought this phone and it does not mention anywhere on the package that it does not support all features included with the phone. This is crap. The last time I bought a new phone, they tried telling me that even though the package stated I could use either service plan offered by the company, I had to buy the $45 plan. I ended up having to report them to the freaking FCC to get it resolved! I swear that I will be leaving this service the MOMENT I have the money to buy a decent phone from Boost Mobile.
serpntene

Postby jenerz1 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:52 pm

If it does not support an audible alert, then why do I hear a beep noise indicating I have received a message while I am browsing the Internet? Apparently I just have to sit on the Internet on my phone all day just to hear when I get a text message...
jenerz1

Postby suzannethbd » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:29 pm

I currently have the S380C on the $30.00 plan; don't get the text notifications. My husband has an Android on the $45.00 plan and gets all notifications, text, phone, voicemail - the works! I guess you get what you pay for. As soon as I can, I'll be switching - really need the notifications, but don't like the idea of being "forced" to upgrade for a feature that's included with the phone - just isn't right.
suzannethbd

Postby Jhonally_ST » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:25 am

Hi suzannethbd. My name is Straight Talk Jhonally. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline, so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thank you.
Jhonally_ST

Postby azrat » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:41 pm

Wow, I really wish I had seen this message board prior to purchasing 2 of these phones. Nowhere on their website does it say that this phone doesn't have audible alerts for test messages. Thanks for duping me.
azrat

Postby Che_ST » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:19 am

Hi azrat. My name is ST Che and I'll be addressing your concern. For me to assist you further, we need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thanks!
Che_ST

Previous

Return to Samsung