SPC Code

SPC Code

Postby Gronk » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:27 am

I was wondering if there was any way to get the SPC codes for the Samsung Galaxy Proclaim. I want to be able to do some tweaks to the call quality in my phone's hidden menu, but I can't seem to find the code I need to do so. I have tried the default for Verizon phones which is 000000, but I found out the SPC is based on the phone's serial number. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Gronk

Re: SPC Code

Postby Gronk » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:32 pm

Still awaiting a reply to this post from any of the ST representatives. If you are unaware, the SPC is also called MSL. I simply want to be able to edit some call quality settings on my phone.
Gronk

Postby Gronk » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:12 pm

Seems customer service is not a serious concern for Straight Talk... It's a shame to see this kind of thing too. You would think that since myself and countless others are putting our money in Straight Talk's bank account every 30 days the least they could do is answer a simple question, but it seems that once they have our money, our problems are not their concern. Thanks for the excellent customer service, Straight Talk. My sarcasm is duly implied.
Gronk

Postby ST - Grace » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:15 pm

Hi Gronk. My name is ST Grace. We do not have the information. Please contact Samsung for you to get the SPC code. Thanks.
ST - Grace

Postby Gronk » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:03 am

Samsung does not have that information as it is generated at the time of activation by my service provider (Straight Talk). There is a mathematical algorithm that is applied to the serial number (meid) of my phone by the service provider and it ends up with a 6 digit SPC/MSL code. This code is the exact reason the carrier has us dial *22890 to activate the phone as it sets the SPC/MSL and downloads any PRL updates available. Samsung has already stated that they do not have the code on-hand, nor do they have the capability to check this code. If you can pull my account up, it should be in the records. It is called the SPC lock code, or MSL code.
Gronk

Postby ST - Grace » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:59 pm

Sorry but we do not have the information. You will need to contact the phone’s manufacturer for this matter. Thanks.
ST - Grace

Postby Gronk » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:08 pm

I understand if you do not wish to give me the information I have requested, but at least give me the common decency of reading what I have typed. Samsung is the manufacturer of this phone, I am sure you know this. I contacted them several different ways (email, phone, and online live chat) and the answer has always been the same. They do not have records of the SPC/MSL of my phone as it is in your records for my account. When I activated this phone, your systems sent an SPC code to my phone (the phone clearly states SPC Lock Code Set) that is derived from my MEID. This being said, the ONLY people who have access to the SPC/MSL of my phone are the people at Straight Talk. One simple look into my account details can show you this code, along with many other details of my account including, but not limited to, my MEID, cell phone number, the PIN number of my last airtime card added and date it was added, SPC/MSL code, and numerous other small details. I simply need one item from that list that only Straight Talk has access to.
Gronk

Return to Samsung