Samsung Galaxy Proclaim 3G doesn't connect

Samsung Galaxy Proclaim 3G doesn't connect

Postby taracas » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:10 pm

I have a brand new Samsung Galaxy Proclaim that won't connect to a mobile 3G network. I signed up for the $45/month unlimited data, but can't get any data. I've seen this topic / problem from others, but the response is a private message, not a public post. I tried calling Straight Talk customer service, and they took me through a long process that didn't fix anything. Can anyone out there tell me how to fix this? thanks.
taracas

Re: Samsung Galaxy Proclaim 3G doesn't connect

Postby Jennifer_ST » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:26 pm

Hi taracas. My name is Straight Talk Jennifer. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message and you will receive confirmation of this at the email address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thank you.
Jennifer_ST

Postby mometc » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:26 am

I'm having the same issue. Also when I try to send a text I'm getting error message 2126 saying I'm not allowed to use this service. :evil:
mometc

Postby Anne_ST » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:29 am

Hi mometc. My name is Straight Talk Anne. I’m going to try to help you now.
We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I’ll contact you directly through a private message and you will receive a confirmation on the e-mail address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thanks.
Anne_ST

Postby taracas » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:30 am

I think I phrased this problem incorrectly. I can make phone calls, so, yes, I have service, the phone is activated, I've gotten that recorded message that says "your phone has successfully been programmed" about four times now. The problem is that I can't connect to a mobile network and surf the web, or get data. In other words, my phone is operating like a basic phone, not like a smart phone with a data package. I can't reply in with a private message including my imei - not enough posts! Not sure if I should put it in a public post.
taracas

Postby taracas » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:31 am

Here are the specific steps I've taken so far to make sure it is not a problem with the phone itself or some other obvious issue with settings. Of course, I called customer service each time using a different phone from the one experiencing the problem:
--Called Samsung customer service, did a factory data reset on the proclaim, made sure WiFi was turned off (so it wouldn't be searching for a WiFi network), and made sure that under "Mobile network settings", the "Use packet data" option was checked. At that point, the Samsung rep said it sounded like a service problem.

--Called Straight Talk customer service. Steps similar to above, except the rep "checked" my phone and service from her end. She asked me to make a call - I did since I've have had 3 to 5 bars of service all along - and she assumed the issue was fixed. I explained that the phone was fine making calls, but wouldn't make a mobile network connection ("No network connection. Cannot connect to the Internet. Please check your connection settings and try again.") I asked her specifically if "Data roaming" needed to be checked off; she said no. Back to the "call *22890" instruction, received that voice message that programming was complete, but browser still didn't work. Service rep said to wait 15 minutes and then turn the phone off and on again and ended the service call. Needless to say, the problem was not resolved.
taracas

Postby taracas » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:14 am

Checked today - the site still won't allow me to compose a private message
taracas

Postby taracas » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:55 pm

Dear Jennifer_st - would like to resolve this, but have not received any confirmation e-mail (you suggested I would in your response) and still can not compose a private message. Do I have any other options? thanks.
taracas

Postby taracas » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:28 pm

ignore post - just trying to increase my number of posts so I can use the pm function
taracas

Postby Jessica_ST » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:06 pm

Good day, taracas. You may now reply to the private message you've received. Thank you.
Jessica_ST

Next

Return to Samsung