Samsung Galaxy Proclaim doesn't connect to 3G

Samsung Galaxy Proclaim doesn't connect to 3G

Postby Piscean33 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:21 pm

I put this as a response to another thread but it still hasn't shown up yet so I'm starting a new topic. Maybe I did it wrong the first time? I'm new here. :)

Anyway, I just bought this phone on Thursday and activated it on Friday (yesterday). It connected to the 3G network yesterday and allowed me to use Facebook and other online stuff all last night while I was away from the house. When I got home it switched to using my WiFi and since then, it is stuck on that. When I leave the house I instantly lose my internet capabilities. I really need to know how to fix this because the whole reason I bought this phone and upgraded to the $45 a month plan was so I could have all of the features of a smartphone everywhere I go.

Please, if you know how to fix this, let me know. The little booklets that came with the phone are useless.
Piscean33

Re: Samsung Galaxy Proclaim doesn't connect to 3G

Postby Sophie_ST » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:34 am

Hi Piscean33. My name is NET10 Sophie. Sorry that you’re having a problem. Please try to dial *22890, then follow the instructions on the voice prompt. Try to access your browser again and let me know if it works.
Sophie_ST

Postby androiduser1 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:18 pm

The same thing is happening to me. I PMed a monitor and she told me some things to try. I have tried calling *22890 and resetting the phone multiple times with no success. Also, I am not able to send or receive picture messages.
androiduser1

Postby Opus » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:23 pm

Almost the same exact thing happens to me. Except that after I connect to WiFi for a few hours, not only do I lose my ability to use 3G, I lose the ability to do everything. No calls, no text, nothing.

I bought this phone on Friday. Went home, and spent nearly two hours getting it activated and working. I called customer support and they got me up and running. And it worked fine. Until I connected to my home's WiFi. The next morning, the phone would not respond to the *22890 number. It would say it was programmed, but I would get an 'Insufficient Funds' message when I tried to call anyone. So, I had to call customer support again -- another 30 minutes spent doing this. (At this point, I just figured something was a little off with my phone.)

I finally got it back up yesterday morning. It worked fine all day long. And then I got home, and again, connected to WiFi. When I logged off of WiFi about five hours later, I'd lost the ability to call or text or get 3G service. Again. And *22890 has really done absolutely nothing for me, since it says it's programmed, but I keep getting the same no funds message. There's another number that CS gives me when I call, but I cannot remember it at the moment.

And now I've got to call customer support. Again.

I had *hoped* that I could save myself (And StraightTalk) some data usage by connecting to Wi-Fi when I was at home. I thought I was being a good customer. But I'm starting to see that unless they have a fix for this, I'm going to have to avoid Wi-Fi like the plague. I don't use a ton of data anyway, but, geez. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot, StraightTalk.
Opus

Postby SteveC79 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:31 pm

I am having the same problem I have tried calling *22890 multiple times and even tried a factory reset, no avail., but it does not have any trouble connecting to Wi-fi at home/abroad.
I have seen multiple people having trouble with connecting to 3G with this particular model of phone. Hopefully you guys can help thank you for listening
and your time.

Steve
SteveC79

Postby daninboulder » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:10 pm

to send/receive picture texts I discovered that "Packet Data" box must be checked. Settings...Wireless and Networks...Mobile Networks...then check "Use Pocket Data". You should be able to send pix texts via wi-fi as well but I haven't tried that
daninboulder

Postby Anne_ST » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:26 am

Hi daninboulder. My name is Straight Talk Anne. I’m going to try to help you now.
We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I’ll contact you directly at the e-mail address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thanks.
Anne_ST

Postby Anne_ST » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:29 am

Hi SteveC79. My name is Straight Talk Anne. I’m going to try to help you now.
We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I’ll contact you directly at the e-mail address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thanks.
Anne_ST

Postby Stephanie_ST » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:56 am

Hi Opus. My name is StraightTalk Stephanie. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. I will contact you directly with a private message to help you with your issue. Thanks!
Stephanie_ST

Postby SpAz » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:08 pm

so i would like help as well. though i do find it to be alittle bit bullshiza that you have to address this all offline instead of doing on here so that others could learn from it.. so far i love this phone but that it has this connection problem is pissing me off... only had it a day and it connected to wifi right off... and i cant even check my email or anything when away from wifi... so help please...
SpAz

Next

Return to Samsung