SGH-T528G issues

SGH-T528G issues

Postby SGH-T528G » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:09 pm

Bought a SGH-T528G the end of October 2011, it started off as a good experience, good sound, good connection, enjoyed being able to access the web. Over the last 3 weeks I have been experiencing an issue with the ability to access my messaging, both email and text messaging. When I attempt to access the messaging feature I get a pop up window that says "initializing" with a envelope icon and blue dots underneath the icon. This is all it ever does, it never actually initializes, you can do this all day and no messaging. Along with this I cannot access my contacts, I get a similar error it says "initializing, please try again in a few seconds". I called straight talk on Monday 1/2/2012 and was told they would send me a new sim card and it would take 3-7 days for me to recieve it. They emailed me a shipment notice and I tracked it online via Fedex. I arrived this afternoon. When I opened the box all that was in there was an envelope and a piece of paper instructing me to return my defective phone! This is unacceptable as I have no other phone and cannot be without my phone for who knows how long until they send it back. I called straight talk again this evening and was told this time that the sim card replacement would not fix my phone and that I would have to return it for repair, again with no estimate as to when I would get it back. I suggested that they send me a reconditioned phone and then I would return my defective phone to them, but was told that their policy was that I would have to return my phone. What am I supposed to do while my phone is being repaired? Go buy another phone? There has to be a better way to treat your customers. To say that I am upset is an understatement
SGH-T528G

Re: SGH-T528G issues

Postby Debbie_ST » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:49 pm

Hi SGH-T528G. My name is Straight Talk Debbie. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I’ll contact you directly at the e-mail address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thank you.
Debbie_ST

Postby SGH-T528G » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:44 pm

Debbie,

Gor your PM but have no way to reply to it or send you another PM, can you please help me get you my S/N?

I've been a member of many on line forums, but have never had one that dosen't let you send PM's until you've been amember for a certain amount of time :(.
SGH-T528G

Postby John » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:39 pm

Hi SGH-T528G issues. Please try post at least 3 to 5 times using this thread. After that, please try to go back to your inbox and try sending your response to the person working on your account. Thank you.
John

Postby ezeraden » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:38 pm

good luck ...i sure am not having any lol(luck)
ezeraden

Postby Erinn » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:36 pm

I hear that! Starting to think this is a vent area for unhappy coustomers!!
Erinn

Postby John » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:29 pm

Erinn, I sent my response through forum inbox. Please check it. Thanks!
John

Postby nancydear » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:33 pm

I bought my first Staraight Talk phone on December 2, 2011 SGH T2528G I had it for approx. 30 days when I stared seeing a pop up saying connection failed. I waited a week and then I called on Feb 3 and they said the phone was defective and they would replace it. took about 7 days mailed me a empty box to send in my phone and I got the replace T528G had it 2 days and it started doing the same thing Connection failed. I NEVER had the email working and they told me that there was "problems with the "network and they do not know when it will be fixed.
NOW They want me to accept a 2- year old phone a Samsung R810 which my phone t-528G replaced. I asked if they could replace with another model NO was the answer> I asked for my money back $100.00 NO. I asked if I added more money could I upgrade to another phone NO.

I do not want a phone that is no longer available what happens when it breaks>>?
I did agree to have them replace the phone but now I am second guessing myself. They said they could not give me my money back as they had already replaced my first phone which was not my fault. But I cannot seem to get anyone to undersatnd that.

Any suggestions/ Should I call back again and asked for MAIN MANAGER since I have talked to a Manager! I think they should give me a NEWER phone NOT one that is no longer made.
Help
nancydear

Postby John » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:30 pm

Hi nancydear. My name is Straight Talk John. We’re sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thank you.
John

Postby DeandBen » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:13 pm

I am having the same issues! I hope I don't have to send my phone back! This has all my pictures, contacts, EVERYTHING as this is our only phone. How is this fixed?!
DeandBen

Next

Return to Samsung