Samsung Galaxy Sky Invalid Sim Card

Samsung Galaxy Sky Invalid Sim Card

Postby bizarrebrandee » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:36 pm

I bought a Samsung Galaxy Sky phone from Walmart a few weeks ago to replace my old phone that had its screen cracked a bunch (it would cost about the same to get it fixed). My stepdad and I got the phone working except the data was not working but we figured that it would come back in the following days. A couple days later the phone got an invalid sim card messaged saying that it was a network locked sim card. So we took it back to Walmart and I ordered one online from walmart.com. It arrived last Monday (1/30/217) and we got it set up that night and today while I was at school I get the same invalid sim card message.
My stepdad and I are extremely frustrated that this keeps happening and I don't like having to spend around $140 over and over again for a phone with a sim card that won't work and it seems like I'm not the only one having this issue as of late.
I've been on Straight Talk for years and I really don't want to have to switch carriers because of a silly sim card/phone issue that keeps recurring. Please help.
bizarrebrandee

Re: Samsung Galaxy Sky Invalid Sim Card

Postby ST-Daisy » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:48 pm

Hi bizarrebrandee! My name is Straight Talk Daisy. Sorry that you’re having a problem. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Please check your Forum inbox. Thank you.
ST-Daisy

Postby jre08 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:45 am

ST-Daisy, I am helping a friend out and they are having the same issue as bizarrebrandee. They say they bought the phone from walmart, I believe it was a christmas gift and now 4 months later it is saying "Invalid SIM Card. Network locked SIM card inserted." I've tried reseating the Sim Card in the holder; restarted phone and still the same error. Can you please help?
jre08

Postby ST - Felice » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:30 am

Hi jre08. My name is Straight Talk Felice. Sorry for the trouble you have with the SIM card. Please check your Forum inbox for further assistance.
ST - Felice

Postby probike2004 » Mon May 07, 2018 5:57 pm

I have a Samsung galaxy sky and it keeps telling me network lickedlocked sim card inserted. It happened a few days ago while i was at work. I called straight talk but they wasnt any help. Does anyone know how I can fix my phone. I factory reset it already and everything with and without the card inserted
probike2004

Postby ST - Larry » Tue May 15, 2018 12:54 pm

Hi probike2004. My name is Straight Talk Larry. I read your post and I am sorry you’re having some problems. For further assistance, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
ST - Larry

Postby s3cretasianman » Sat May 26, 2018 2:43 am

i need assistance with my sim card. im locked out of my phone and its requesting a puk number?
s3cretasianman

Postby ST - Larry » Sun May 27, 2018 3:32 pm

Hi s3cretasianman. My name is Straight Talk Larry. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your phone. Please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
ST - Larry

Return to Samsung