No internet connection

Thank you for visiting the Straight Talk Forum, your one-stop resource for Straight Talk information.

No internet connection

Postby jayeffpee » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:15 am

As of yesterday April 15th I can no longer use the internet on my Samsung Galaxy S2 unless it goes through wi-fi. I see the same problem in numerous other posts with no solution ever discussed, only taken offline to resolve. What's the deal? I use my phone all day-every day at work with a bluetooth speaker and Pandora-one. No the shop is silent except for the piece of crap staticy radio one of the other guys has. I need answers and fast!
jayeffpee

Re: No internet connection

Postby Anne_ST » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:45 am

Hi jayeffpee. My name is Straight Talk Anne. I’m going to try to help you now.
We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I’ll contact you directly through a private message. Thanks.
Anne_ST

Postby leveragesystems » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:45 pm

Can I get the same answer Annie?

Number 5! Is my PM alive?
leveragesystems

Postby ethomas843 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:30 pm

Im having the same problem. It would be nice for a representative to actually help me get my phone to work
ethomas843

Postby jayeffpee » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:56 pm

Today I went through the phone settings and phone status. I found that the "Service state" under "Mobile network type " was "Disconnected". I powered off the phone, removed the battery and sim card for about 5 seconds then reassembled and powered up the phone. Now I have mobile internet back and the service state reads "In service". I hope this helps other people who don't want to wait around for Straight Talk to take their issue offline for help.
jayeffpee

Postby ST - Kyle » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:16 pm

Hi jayeffpee. My name is ST - Kyle. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thanks.
ST - Kyle

Postby jayeffpee » Thu May 16, 2013 7:32 am

Now I'm back to square 1 again....No internet unless through Wi-Fi. Tried pulling battery and sim card several times and still have not been able to get service back. Even somehow ended up in an Android root system menu when putting my cover back on which allowed me to reboot Android but still no internet service. Why is this such a huge problem for straight talk? And why can't they just share the solution publicly?
jayeffpee

Postby Shelly_ST » Fri May 17, 2013 3:06 am

Hi, jayeffpee. My name is StraightTalk Shelly. Sorry that you're having a problem. I will try to help you. I will contact you directly with a private message so we can address this issue further. Thank you.
Shelly_ST

Postby Jude » Fri May 17, 2013 3:11 am

Hi ethomas843. My name is Straight Talk Jude and I'll be addressing your concern. For me to assist you further, we need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thanks.
Jude

Postby jayeffpee » Fri May 17, 2013 6:36 am

Received a request for my phone's serial number and mei but can't find any way to reply to the request. Pretty sure I shouldn't put those numbers on a public post. Should it be this difficult to get help?
jayeffpee

Next

Return to Welcome