Could not activate cellular data network

Could not activate cellular data network

Postby SpuTTer » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:47 am

iPhone 4. Just started getting this error. The phone is unlocked but not jailbroken. IOS 6.

Cannot get data or send MMS messages.
SpuTTer

Re: Could not activate cellular data network

Postby Charisse » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:15 am

Hi SpuTTer. My name is Straight Talk Charisse and I will be addressing your question. If you have an AT&T compatible iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4 or 4S running iOS 4.0 or higher you may click on the link below and we can attempt to update your APN settings.
This link may not work based on limitations and configuration settings you may have on your iPhone, please contact the manufacturer or point of purchase for further support regarding your phone. Your phone must be connected to Wi-Fi in order to continue.

1 .While on Wi-Fi, open Safari and type in iapnupdate.straighttalk.com.
2. Tap Install.
3. Tap Install Now.
4. Enter your pass code if prompted.
5. Tap Done.
6. At this point you can exit your browser, turn off Wi-Fi, and re-boot your phone.
7. With Wi-Fi off, access Safari to ensure your data connection is working.

Please note that this will not enable MMS (Multi-Media Messaging) and we do not support this service for iPhone customers. MMS is dependent upon your phone model’s limitations. If you have an iPhone and you would like to use MMS, you will need to Jailbreak* your iPhone in order to update your MMS settings. *Search “Jailbreak iPhone” on-line for more information.
By clicking this link you are agreeing to our Terms and Conditions iapnupdate.straighttalk.com. Thanks.
Charisse

Postby Jaybomber2012 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:23 pm

Make sure you reboot your phone after you download the new apn settings and press done. Goto iapnupdate or unlock it.co and input new apn settings press install then done then reboot phone things should work fine then
Jaybomber2012

Postby CharleighVengeance » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:33 pm

i have an iPhone 4 and just tried to add another service card. Could Not activate cellular data network was the message i recieved! Can someone PLEASE help me with this and this is my work phone and i am in deperate need of it to be working! Thanks
CharleighVengeance

Postby Sophie_ST » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:49 am

Hi CharleighVengeance. My name is Straight Talk Sophie. I’ve sent you a private message; please check your inbox. Thanks.
Sophie_ST

Postby scottf7 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:09 pm

I have an iPhone 3g with IOS 5.1.1 and I am getting the "could not activate cellular data network you are not subscribed to a cellular data service error. I have used the iapnupdate.straighttalk.com address to update the APN and have rebooted with no luck. Please help
scottf7

Postby Elle » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:19 pm

Hi scottf7. My name is StraightTalk Elle. We need to take this issue offline since we will need your account information to assist you further with your issue. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thanks.
Elle

Postby audreybrown86 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:12 pm

i have a iphone 1st gen att phone. have been using this phone almost a year no problems. I went 1 month without purchasing a refill card and I recently refilled my account and now I cannot use internet. it says could not activate cellular data network, you are not subscribed to a data service. I purchased a 45 dollar plan. I deleted and reinstalled iapn several times. I received message to turn my phone on and off to receive latest updates but still no internet. help!!!
audreybrown86

Postby Jhonally_ST » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:57 am

Hi audreybrown86. My name is Straight Talk Jhonally. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline, so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thank you.
Jhonally_ST

Postby Leviduncan1 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:17 am

I am having the exact problem. I do not have access to internet, pandora, maps or anything when I am using my phone. I get the error - Could not activate cellular data network. Please help!
Leviduncan1

Next

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general Straight Talk discussions.