No iMessage nor MMS on iOS 6 iPhone 4 - New SIM

No iMessage nor MMS on iOS 6 iPhone 4 - New SIM

Postby Mikeambrose3 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:09 pm

I'm a new customer, got my sim in the mail a few hours ago and everything is activated and works fine. As the usual iPhone user, MMS doesn't work by default with Straight Talk. So here's the problems I have.

1.) iMessage won't activate, it's just stuck on 'Activating...', this is a real hassle because most of my friends use iMessage since they use AT&T (Terrible) and have very high texting charges.. again, since AT&T charges a lot.
2.) MMS won't work even after setting the APN settings with unlockit.co.nz. The APN settings are set correctly and others have used the website to do it and it works fine, but when I try to send a picture in a text it says failed constantly.

Any clues anyone? I don't have 5 posts and I am not going to spam these forums so I am able to PM a staff member. They should change the forum settings if people need to PM...
Mikeambrose3

Re: No iMessage nor MMS on iOS 6 iPhone 4 - New SIM

Postby ST - Kyle » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:28 pm

Hi Mikeambrose3. My name is ST - Kyle. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thanks.
ST - Kyle

Postby Mikeambrose3 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:08 pm

Alright, but you guys should really make the post limit for PMs 2-3 or remove it. Forum spam can't be that bad.
Mikeambrose3

Postby lamcdonald » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:20 pm

I literally just did the same and I am experiencing the same problem as well...please help me!
lamcdonald

Postby lamcdonald » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:45 pm

I just followed these steps and am now getting MMS and data. Was easier than I thought it would be.

http://www.jgmedia.biz/how-to-get-data- ... ap-method/
lamcdonald

Postby Shoeboxnova » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:05 pm

I am having the same issue as Mikeambrose3. I am also new to StraightTalk. I have the data working on my AT&T iPhone 4 but the MMS (sending pictures in texts) does not work. Can I also receive help for this issue without having to repost over and over again?
Shoeboxnova

Postby Anne_ST » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:31 am

Hi Shoeboxnova. My name is Straight Talk Anne. I’m going to try to help you now.
We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I’ll contact you directly with a private message. Thanks.
Anne_ST

Postby gishua » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:07 am

I am too having the issue, can you please help me?!
gishua

Postby ST - Kyle » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:33 am

Hi gishua. My name is ST - Kyle. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thanks.
ST - Kyle

Postby Shoeboxnova » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:49 pm

Anne_ST, I am not able to private message you. It says I have not had enough activity in the forum. Are you going to contact me?
Shoeboxnova

Next

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general Straight Talk discussions.