HELP! Pantech Breeze Multimedia won't work!

HELP! Pantech Breeze Multimedia won't work!

Postby pantechbreezest » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:34 pm

Hi, I left AT&T after 10 years because I wanted a smaller bill. I ported my AT&T phone number to Straight Talk and kept my old Pantech Breeze C520 phone.
I planned to go with the $30 Straight Talk plan, but was surprised when Straight Talk sent a sim card requiring the $45 unlimited plan because supposedly my phone is a "smart phone."
Ok, so now I'm paying MORE than what I was paying AT&T, defeating the entire reason why I left them after TEN YEARS.

I said okay, fine, I'm paying more but I get unlimited time and can use the multimedia on my phone...there's only one problem with that: the multimedia on my phone NO LONGER WORKS! I could send and receive photos in text messages fine when with AT&T, but when I try it with Straight Talk, my phone says "connection error."

Boy, do I ever feel like I got ripped off and scammed by Straight Talk...
Straight Talk reps, I need you to either give me the $30 option or help me get my phone to use the multimedia tools that you're charging me $45 for!
Let me hear your suggestions...
pantechbreezest

Re: HELP! Pantech Breeze Multimedia won't work!

Postby Shelly_ST » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:57 am

Hi, pantechbreezest. We're sorry about your issue. My name is StraightTalk Shelly and I will try to help you. The data feature on the phone will work as soon as the APN settings had been changed or updated. If you haven't done so, please try to change the APN settings with the value listed below.

• APN Name: Straight Talk (or NET10)
• APN: att.mvno
• Proxy: proxy.mvno.tracfone.com
• Port: 80
• MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
• MMS Proxy: 66.209.11.33
• MMS Port: 80

Make sure to delete the current APN on your phone and reboot. Let us know if you will be able to access the browser.
Shelly_ST

Postby pantechbreezest » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:29 am

Shelly_ST,
I am unable to delete the ATT APN setting and am unable to add the Straight Talk APN.
I found this website showing the right place in my phone's menu: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp ... 71uNau7RIv

You can see in their step 5 several blank profiles. It let me add a new profile that I named straight Talk. That new profile lets me add a primary DNS address which I put as 066.209.011.033. I did NOT have the option of adding an MMS port, MMSC, port, proxy, or APN.

That same menu would NOT let me delete the ATT profile. I could view the ATT profile, which did include the ATT APN "wap.cingular" but it does not give me the option to delete or edit the ATT settings.

Do you have any instructions I can try to delete the ATT setting and add the straight talk settings?
Thank you
pantechbreezest

Postby Shelly_ST » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:53 am

pantechbreezest, please check the phone's user guide or manufaturer's manual for instructions on how to unlock the APN settings. Thank you.
Shelly_ST

Postby pantechbreezest » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:52 pm

Shelly_ST,
I got it to work! thanks
It took some serious effort to figure out the menu. There are three different menus that need modification to make it work. The email options, the multimedia options and a third phone settings menu. What a pain...at least it works now.
pantechbreezest

Postby pantechbreezest » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:58 pm

PS
now how do I delete my wireless forums account?
pantechbreezest

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general Straight Talk discussions.