Can't activate brand new Sim card, number reported stolen!!

Can't activate brand new Sim card, number reported stolen!!

Postby Fonzzi » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:16 am

The day before yesterday I ordered a Sim Card Activation Kit so i could use it with an old IPhone I have. I just received my order today, but when I tried to to activate the Sim card on line I got an error message "The Serial Number entered has an invalid status. Please check the number and try again." So I called the (877) 430-2355 number, after being on the phone for 2 hours 3 minutes and having spoken to 3 different people it looks as if the Sim Number on the brand new sim card (which is still attached to the plastic holder) shows on Straight Talk's computers as reported stolen. I was told that I would need to buy another sim card because I cannot give them the phone number or serial number to the phone which was reported stolen. I kept trying to explain to them that what I received, from straight talk, was a brand new sim card which was still attached to the original holder, it would be impossible to use it in any phone without breaking it free, I don't have a phone number or the serial number to the phone they say was reported stolen. This was my first time trying to activate service with straight talk.

Finally the 3rd person who I spoke to, who happened to be the manager, said I would have to call a different phone number...(866) ***-8098 and speak to another person in a different department in order to resolve my problem......but that office was closed, so I will have to call tomorrow afternoon.

I really wanted this to work, but it looks like unless I buy another sim to replace the the brand new one I just bought....I will be out $80 for his order!!!
Fonzzi

Re: Can't activate brand new Sim card, number reported stole

Postby Jessica_ST » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:05 pm

Good day, Fonzzi. We're sorry for the trouble. My name is Jessica_ST and I'll be addressing your concern. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thank you.
Jessica_ST

Postby Fonzzi » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:20 pm

UPDATE: After 3 different phone calls with 3 different people, my sim card is now activated & working......unfortunately it was assigned a phone number with a 305 area code and I needed it to be a 415 area code....

Need to wait 24 hours, if it is still wrong....call back.
Fonzzi

Postby Jessica_ST » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:44 am

Good day, Fonzzi. Should you need further assistance with your Straight Talk service, please let us know. Thank you.
Jessica_ST

Postby Fonzzi » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:05 am

Update #2, 24. Hours later and my phone still has a 305 area code (Florida) but I need a 415 (San Franciso)....need help again!
Fonzzi

Postby Fonzzi » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:06 am

Post #4
Fonzzi

Postby Fonzzi » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:58 pm

Post #5
Fonzzi

Postby Jessica_ST » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:12 pm

Hi Fonzzi. You may now reply to the private message we've sent you. Thank you.
Jessica_ST

number reported stolen!!

Postby goodmerc » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:20 am

I am experiencing similar issues with my new droid phone.I bought it just a few days ago and when i turned it on it said " SIM not provisioned" Upon trying to transfer my number from my old straight talk phone the representative said that they could not find the number on their list and stated that the phone was stolen. I believe that walmart messed up when scanning the phone so now i can't activate it. Please help.
goodmerc

Postby Jessica_ST » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:45 pm

Good day, goodmerc. We're sorry for the trouble. My name is Jessica_ST and I'll be addressing your concern. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thank you.
Jessica_ST

Next

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general Straight Talk discussions.