ZTE Merit SD card problems

ZTE Merit SD card problems

Postby dfhagerman » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:44 pm

Hi,

I just got the ZTE Merit. It is my first Android phone and overall I like it, but the SD card behavior has me puzzled.

I can successfully move apps from internal storage to the SD card. However, if I unmount and then remount the card, or if I power off the phone and power it back on (which I suspect does an unmount/remount of the card also), all (and I mean *all*) of the apps I moved to the SD card will no longer function. The shortcuts remain on my home page but when I click on them I get a message that the application is not installed. I then download the apps again and all is well.

This isn't standard Android behavior, is it? Shouldn't I be able to turn the phone off and back on again without having to download all the SD card apps again?

Thanks,
David
dfhagerman

Re: ZTE Merit SD card problems

Postby Jessica_ST » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:55 am

Good day, dfhagerman. We're sorry for the trouble. My name is Jessica_ST and I'll be addressing your concern. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thank you.
Jessica_ST

Postby dfhagerman » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:26 pm

Hi Jessica,

Thanks very much for replying. I received your private message, but am ashamed to say I can't see any way to reply to it! I do get a note when trying to compose a brand new private message that I'm not authorized to use that feature. Maybe something needs to be changed by an admin to enable me to reply?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

David
dfhagerman

Postby Lindsay_ST » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:26 am

Hi dfhagerman. My name is Straight Talk Lindsay. We are sorry for the trouble. Please participate more by posting 5 messages here to enable your private message feature. Thank you.
Lindsay_ST

Postby dfhagerman » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:02 pm

Ok, posting this reply so I qualify for private message writing. Sorry for the repetitive posts. This is one of four.
dfhagerman

Postby dfhagerman » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:03 pm

Posting to qualify for private messages. This is two of four.
dfhagerman

Postby parker91485 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:47 pm

hi...im having the same problem with my zte merit and i was wondering if you were able to get yours working...and if so...how?
parker91485

Postby Jhonally_ST » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:35 am

Hi parker91485. My name is StraightTalk Jhonally. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message and you will receive confirmation of this at the email address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thank you.
Jhonally_ST

Postby rykerm » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:00 am

I am having the same issue. Why can't I move apps over to the SD card? I have a larger SD card coming soon and I don't want to have troubles with it? On my LG phone before this one I was able to move almost any app other than the required android apps to the SD card including my Gmail and even FB, but on the ZTE Merit i'm unable to.

Help?
rykerm

Postby rykerm » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:02 am

Posting 5 times so I can reply.
rykerm

Next

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general Straight Talk discussions.