AT&T Avail APN Settings

AT&T Avail APN Settings

Postby talktedm3 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:36 pm

Still working with customer support on proper settings.. Have internet working but now cannot get mms messages or send them either.
Last edited by talktedm3 on Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
talktedm3

Re: AT&T Avail and ST Sim Card Activation

Postby marianne » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:30 am

Hi talktedm3. My name is StraightTalk Marianne. After activating the phone, you just need to update the APN settings. But if the settings is not available in this link http://www.straighttalksim.com/support.php, you need to verify it from your phone manufacturer. Also, if you wish to keep a certain number, we can do it for you or you can check this link https://www.straighttalk.com/Activate for details.
marianne

Re: AT&T Avail and ST Sim Card Activation

Postby talktedm3 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:34 pm

Hi, I called 4 hours ago and activated the "Bring Your Own Device" sim card on my new AT&T Avail GoPhone. Once that process was done I deleted the existing APN's and entered the APN information that came with my sim card. The only APN on the phone is the Straight Talk APN and it is active. I am able to make and receive calls, send and receive standard text messages. But I am still unable to access the internet or send/receive MMS messages. I called back and spoke with a rep that told me I needed to verify the APN setting which we did, and they were all correct. The rep had no idea why my internet or mms messages weren't working, other than to say wait up to 24 hours. Shouldn't I have a working phone after 4 hours? I'd appreciate a little help here...thanks....
talktedm3

AT&T Avail and Sim: Internet and MMS Problem Fixed

Postby talktedm3 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:55 pm

After 4 hours of waiting I finally got my AT&T Avail GoPhone functioning perfectly. Here is what it took. After I bought the "Bring Your Own Device" sim from StraightTalk, I called Straight Talk to activate the sim card before inserting it in my new AT&T Avail GoPhone. After the sim was activated the next step was to insert the sim into my phone, turn the phone on, and then edit my phone's APN settings. I first downloaded (via wi-fi on the phone) the free app from the marketplace called "APN Backup and Restore". With this app I made a backup of the phone's APN's and then I deleted them. I then selected the option on my phone to create a new APN. I followed the StraightTalk info that came with the sim card (name, APN, Proxy, etc.). After I entered the APN info I selected the Straight Talk APN i just created, then turned off the phone and then turned it back on again. When the phone started I had the ability to send and receive calls. But, I was not able to send/receive mms multimedia messages or access the internet.

So I called StraightTalk and got some conflicting advice from two agents, neither of which fixed the problem. Then I decided to call again and reached the StraightTalk area that handles the "Bring Your Own Device" program. The StraightTalk agent knew exactly why the internet was not working on my phone. A simple change on his end and the problem was fixed. So I thought the problem had been fixed until I tried to send a mms multimedia message with an attached picture and it just hung there forever trying to send the message. I was getting nowhere so I decided to research the problem and came across another post on this forum. The solution is to modify the APN once more and add "mms" to the very last field of the APN, the APN Type. Be sure the "mms" is lower case and be sure to remove the quotes. It goes like this APN Type mms

I learned a valuable lesson. First, call the direct line to the StraightTalk office that handles the Bring Your Own Device phone and sim cards. Their number is 1-855-222-2355. You can also try calling the standard StraightTalk 800 number and ask to be transferred to the "Bring Your Own Device" office. I could have had my problems resolved within 1 hour if I had spoken to this group in the first place. The agent in that group told me the other StraightTalk personnel should have referred me to them in the first place instead of trying to fix the problem themselves (which didn't work because they didn't know much about the program or sim card.

And thanks to the poster who found the solution to the problem sending/receiving mms picture messages. I hope this all helps others quickly fix their problems.
talktedm3

Re: AT&T Avail APN Settings

Postby jlparker77 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:00 am

finally got my at&t avail to send and receive picture messages. everything exactly as straight talk tells you on apn settings, except very bottom, under apn type had to enter this exactly, lower case, including commas

default,mms,supl
jlparker77

Postby Jessica_ST » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:40 pm

We're glad to know that, jlparker77. Should you have any concerns with your Straight Talk service, please let us know. Thank you.
Jessica_ST

Postby Mon Sang-Premier » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:33 pm

I am having an issue with sending and receiving pics via mms. Overtime I try the data transfer signal locks up. I believe it is because the apn switches back to the the default att apn. I try to delete the att default apn, but the phone does not have that option. How can I delete the default apn completely? I have called about the mms issue several times with no help. Everything else works.fine. only sending and receiving pics and videos via mms on my zte avail. ANYONE PLEASE!!??
Mon Sang-Premier

Postby Anne_ST » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:11 am

Hi Mon Sang-Premier. My name is Straight Talk Anne. I’m going to try to help you now.
We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I’ll contact you directly through a private message. Thanks.
Anne_ST

Postby Mon Sang-Premier » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:17 pm

Hi straight talk Anne. I received your message. Thank you for the assistance. I tried to reply with your requested information, but For some reason I cannot reply via pm. Is there any way you can contact me via my email address? I really need help with this issue.
Mon Sang-Premier

Postby Jhonally_ST » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:55 am

Good day Mon Sang-Premier! You may need to participate more by posting 5 total messages here to enable your private messaging feature. Thanks.
Jhonally_ST

Next

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general Straight Talk discussions.