Error 67

Error 67

Postby Valhalla » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:41 pm

Hi I would like to discuss about your so called unlimited data plan. I read your terms and conditions of service on unlimited data. Thinking you were truly unlimited data my phone’s data was cut off due to excessive usage. I understand that, downloading, streaming, tethering and peer to peer is prohibited, so please don’t repeat yourselves, I have read the terms and conditions. I was wondering if someone could explain to me on what I can do to prevent my phone from being shut off, because I’ve read about a lot of complaints where people are just surfing the web for periods of time (keep in mind unlimited data) and then here comes error 67 there data has been shut off. So while your marketing android phones that are constantly using data, and in fact promote the android market of the descriptions of the phones. Why then is it prohibited to download applications and use them via so called unlimited data that was marketed in the 1st place?You shut off my phone due to excessive usage and cant tell me what is excessive, such as what is beyond the normal use of your unlimited data plan, that all and all isn’t truly unlimited. I was also told its due to multi tasking, you cant be on facebook while on twitter. You have to be signed out of facebook to be on twitter or other way around. There is also no way for me monitor excessive use besides what is obvious in the terms and conditions. However you can, and can shut me off without warning. I can’t monitor updates, android is constantly updating. Sync, android is Google based and everything is sync thru Google via Google email. Youtube is owned by Google and comes standard on the phone, witch I might add is prohibited based on terms and conditions. Overall I don’t want my phone to shut off because I like to look at fox news every morning and check my local weather and use android apps. Please tell me how I can use a Google Android phone that constantly using data on your so called unlimited data plan or a way to monitor excessiveness. I had no problems with Straight Talk before and been with ya for nearly a year now, but when you cut me off from unlimited data and cant give me a number an actual data amount on excessive now that makes me really upset. I don’t want to own a DEAD PHONE. FOR SOMETHING THAT CAN BE PREVENTED.
Valhalla

Re: Error 67

Postby Debbie_ST » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:30 pm

Hi Valhalla. My name is Straight Talk Debbie. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I’ll contact you directly at the e-mail address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thank you.
Debbie_ST

Postby pitoturbo » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:46 pm

hello friend straight resolved your problem of internet ??????
pitoturbo

Postby Valhalla » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:09 am

they had fixed it before my post. I post this after they gave my data back. Im upset they would sell high end phones and try to limit the amount of data these phones send out. I have downloaded a app called Network Usage. it allowes me to track what apps are active useing data. It also shows apps such as google maps, youtube, browser, google play store etc. That are always active useing data. I cant stop these from accessing data nor do I want too because force closeing them can cause issues on the phone. I was told all they will allow you todo is serf the web, talk, text, and you can download from there online store. Anything else can cause them to shut off your phone without warning. So i want someone to tell me how you market a android phone and try to limit features that come standerd on the phone? Also i was told theres no tool that can track yourself so you can prevent them from shutting you off. Then how are they able to tell? I want to see what they feel is abnormal useage. If maybe I had somekind of Number on the so called unlimited data I can then try my best to prevent another shut down without warning.
Valhalla

Postby Valhalla » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:06 pm

Im still waiting for an anwser.
Valhalla

Postby pitoturbo » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:41 pm

hello no resolve ST yuor problem?
pitoturbo

Postby Valhalla » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:32 pm

Bump. Still waiting......
Valhalla

Postby blb1980 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:43 pm

What prompted them to turn your data back on? I'm curious to know because I just got that same error message via text message saying I was using too much data and I could be shut off or suspended it if continues which is bull crap because it's supposed to be unlimited. it's false advertising to say everything is unlimited when it really isn't!
blb1980

Postby FelixDominguez » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:05 pm

Bump
FelixDominguez

Postby Valhalla » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:11 pm

I still havent got to much information yet. What your seeing is two companies that have some kind of agreement with each other. TracFone and Straight Talk. I actully just got a voice message from TracFone today saying there having a data usage issue with Straight Talk and are threating to shut me off on excessive use. However I only been useing my phone on what they been marketing, such as downloading apps on google play store and watching videos on youtube. Useing google maps and navigation. All that comes standerd on the phone and is always updateing and being active useing data. I dont know how you can threat me to shut of my phone on things i cant prevent, or is it that they just let you use the browser and thats it? In if thats the case then its a marketing scam and the attorney general should hear about this.
Valhalla

Next

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general Straight Talk discussions.