Data Cap

Data Cap

Postby hovester » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:22 pm

Does anyone know what the data cap is on the "unlimited" plan? I've heard anywhere between 2 GB and 5 GB a month. I like to stream audio like Pandora, so I'm concerned about getting cut off if I use too much.

Thanks,
Brian
hovester

Re: Data Cap

Postby Stephanie_ST » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:55 pm

Hi hovester. My name is StraightTalk Stephanie and I will be addressing your question. Please refer to the online Terms and Conditions for more information about your data usage. Thanks!
Stephanie_ST

Postby hovester » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:46 am

I've read the entire terms and conditions and didn't find anything regarding a data cap. I hate it when companies that use the term "unlimited", when it really isn't...
hovester

Postby Stephanie_ST » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:52 am

Hi hovester. There is no data usage limit as long as you will not access to the Internet, intranets, or other data networks except as the device’s native applications and capabilities permit, or any applications that tether your device to a laptop or personal computer. Thanks!
Stephanie_ST

Postby mistersavage » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:11 pm

To be clear, which I'm not, I read on the policy that data usage doesn't include streaming and downloading. Can this please be clarified? A lot of people are really confused, including myself. Thanks!
Get an iPhone to work on Straight Talk guide here
mistersavage

Postby Jhonally_ST » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:49 am

Hi mistersavage. Streaming video and downloading is unlimited and supported through wifi. If you have access to wifi and if your phone is wifi-capable, you can view videos and download. Thanks!
Jhonally_ST

Postby Valhalla » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:44 pm

So whats unlimited then? because saying wifi unlimited doesnt make sense. straight talk doesnt provide wifi so what are you talking about? Anyone with half of brain knows that wifi isnt useing mobile data unless you have 4G phones that allow hotspots. Im worried my phone is going to be shut off! When i sleep at night i turn 3G off. I force close apps to use another app that may use more data then others. (and force closeing apps isnt good for the phone) You also have native apps that are always useing data even if your not useing them. So whats really unlimited? Only browseing and talk and text? You market google app store, and i cant use it? I feel scamed. I came to straight talk because i cant afford paying over 100 bucks a month for REAL unlimited data and so thinking this was REAL unlimited data I get shut off and had to call and learned about all your terms and conditions. That I understand very well now and so what caused me to be shut off the 1st time I am no longer doing (I tetherd my phone) I learned sense then and havent done it. Now today I get a phone call from TracFrone treating to shut me off. Makes no sense. Explain how we can watch how much data we use so we can prevent our phones from being shut off. Because like most people these are hard times and its nice to be able to own a smart phone with a decent unlimited data plan.
Valhalla

Postby Valhalla » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:08 pm

Bump
Valhalla

Postby Valhalla » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:45 am

There is in fact a data cap, just dont know what it is.
Valhalla

Postby ST - Larry » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:54 am

Hi Valhalla. My name is Straight Talk Larry. Please be informed that though we offer unlimited browsing, but not for audio/video streaming or using your phone as a modem for your Laptops or Personal Computers. This kind of usage will have a great impact on the carrier’s network and service level and may result into system issues. Use the phone’s WiFi connection should you need to use it for video/audio streaming or any activity that will require large amount of data. Please refer to Straight Talk Terms and Conditions under paragraphs 6 and 7 for data usage. Thanks.
ST - Larry

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general Straight Talk discussions.