Text Messaging not working properly. Network issue?

Text Messaging not working properly. Network issue?

Postby saltworks » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:36 pm

For the past several weeks StraightTalk text service has been horrible.

It began with texts not being sent properly. My phone would display that the messages were sent but they would not appear on the recipients' phones sometimes until hours later. This would occur seemingly randomly throughout the day. Then I began receiving texts hours after they had been sent to me, or not at all. Some texts would simply never appear on my phone. Others would appear hours later in between texts that had been sent to me moments before.

I was able to replicate send and receive issues by using friends' phones from other networks (AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile) side by side with my StraightTalk phone. StraightTalk's customer service has been of no hope at all. This is obviously a server side issue...and I cannot possibly be the only customer experiencing the issues.

Then, within the past week I began receiving duplicates of much older texts (ones that I had already previously received). In fact, some of the texts were several days old and never marked as duplicates. The only reason I could tell they were copies of older texts was because the texts contained very specific information discussed in conversations days before.

This problem remains unresolved. At this point if it is not resolved before the renewal date I am going to move to a different service.
saltworks

Re: Text Messaging not working properly. Network issue?

Postby Elle » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:44 pm

Hi saltworks. My name is StraightTalk Elle. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message and you will receive confirmation of this at the email address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thanks.
Elle

Postby saltworks » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:24 pm

Ok, thanks. Hoping we can resolve this. That the StraightTalk network would save several days (or more) of old texts is a worrisome privacy issue by itself. That the system would also randomly resend those old texts again at a later date baffles me. And those represent just half of the issues that need to be addressed.
saltworks

Postby saltworks » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:34 pm

Wow...and to find out that it requires five posts on the forum just to begin exchanging private messages with forum participants....not good. I understand the need for spam protection, but seriously folks...if an authorized StraightTalk forum moderator/operator/admin/employee requests private messaging, provide a way to override the 5 post minimum. Many customers will visit this forum for the first time only once they have an issue. Clearly they're not going to have five posts under their belts from day one.
saltworks

Postby saltworks » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:39 pm

And with that said...here's post 4.
saltworks

Postby saltworks » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:40 pm

And after the "waiting period" required between posts....here's number 5. Hopefully now the forum gods have granted the ability to communicate privately.
saltworks

Postby Elle » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:34 am

saltworks, you may reply to the private message now. Thanks.
Elle

Postby Danafirte » Thu May 31, 2012 12:37 pm

saltworks wrote:Wow...and to find out that it requires five posts on the forum just to begin exchanging private messages with forum participants....not good. I understand the need for spam protection, but seriously folks...if an authorized StraightTalk forum moderator/operator/admin/employee requests private messaging, provide a way to override the 5 post minimum. Many customers will visit this forum for the first time only once they have an issue. Clearly they're not going to have five posts under their belts from day one.

Post #3 for me.... ;-)
Danafirte

Postby Charisse » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:44 am

Hi Danafirte. My name is Straight Talk Charisse. Has your issue been resolved already? Just let us know for further assistance. Thanks.
Charisse

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general Straight Talk discussions.