Spyware and Hacking

Spyware and Hacking

Postby bergi » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:33 pm

A disgruntled ex-friend continues to send degrading text messages (from my Straight Talk cell phone) to some of my contacts. This appears to be more than simple spoofing, as the degrading text messages actually show up as being sent, on my own phone, and from my phone, in existing text message threads. I have had possession and control of my phone during the periods when the false text messages are being sent. I recently factory-reset my phone, and installed Anti Spy Mobile Free from the Google Playstore. This anti-spyware app has not yet detected any spyware, but the false text messages continue to be sent and received, and continue to show up as outgoing texts. Question... is the Straight Talk technical team able to help my determine the cause or source of this problem, and also perhaps help prevent it in the future? And if so, what is the procedure for requesting help. Thank you.
bergi

Re: Spyware and Hacking

Postby ST - Larry » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:09 pm

Hi bergi. I'm Straight Talk Larry. I'm very sorry to hear that your having problems. We'll review your account and further investigate to provide the best option for your situation. For further assistance, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
ST - Larry

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general Straight Talk discussions.