What counts against the data limit? VoLTE? MMS pics?

What counts against the data limit? VoLTE? MMS pics?

Postby Bellebelle » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:51 pm

If the VoLTE setting is checked on a Galaxy S9, are normal voice calls dialed using the android stock app supposed to use data that count against the plan mobile data limit? I almost always have a wireless network on and also am right by local towers if that matters.

Do pictures and links sent via MMS count against the limit on an "unlimited text and talk plan"?

I am on the monthly "unlimited text and talk" 3GB data limit and never use even .75 of a GB. But last month my data was throttled 10 days into the month. The stock data usage monitor on my phone wasn't showing any apps hogging data. I didn't do anything unusual except buy a phone that supports VoLTE.

My new plan cycle date started today, and I contacted ST chat support trying to figure out how NOT to get throttled again. I can't figure out what is using data. One chat support person told me today that voice calls dialed on the stock app NEVER use any data, so that wasn't it. Another chat support person told me every bit of data from VoLTE and every MMS DOES count against my 3GB "unlimited text and talk" plan.

Thanks in advance for any help. I have no idea how I blew through 3G of data only texting and talking on stock messaging/calling apps with an "unlimited text and talk" plan. I do understand the technical part that mobile data IS used when texting and might be used during VoLTE calls but no idea how Straight Talk is supposed to count data and how much data plan I should buy.
Bellebelle

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general Straight Talk discussions.