Trying to use a ST Hotspot but getting SIM card error

Trying to use a ST Hotspot but getting SIM card error

Postby laczhazy » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:20 pm

I've been a happy Straight Talk cell-phone customer for a long time so when I needed a mobile hotspot last year that my kids could use for a long cross-country roadtrip, I didn't hesitate and got a Straight Talk ZTE Z288L and several data cards. It worked great but it's remained unused for well over a year.

We're doing a similar trip in a few weeks, so I charged the hotspot. I saw on my online acct screen it was deactivated, so I tried to re-activate it and received the error: "Our records show that the SIM card number entered no longer can be used."

Help. :( Do I really need another SIM? Where do I get one?

Thanks,
Robert
laczhazy

Re: Trying to use a ST Hotspot but getting SIM card error

Postby ST - Larry » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:32 am

Hi laczhazy. My name is Straight Talk Larry. I read your post and I am sorry you’re having some problems. Let us help you troubleshoot your device. Please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
ST - Larry

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general Straight Talk discussions.