SIM card number entered no longer can be used

SIM card number entered no longer can be used

Postby hhampel » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:24 am

I bought a new phone and transferred my existing phone number and service to this new device. Everything transferred successfully.

I attempted to reactivate my old phone - so that I could give it to my mom - but it appears to still be attached to my phone number and says "Our records show that the SIM card number entered no longer can be used".

How can I successfully bypass the error message and reactivate the old phone with a new phone number (ported from another device)?

End goal:
New phone - already successfully activated
Old phone - reactivated with a new number
hhampel

Re: SIM card number entered no longer can be used

Postby ST - Larry » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:17 am

Hi hhampel. I'm Straight Talk Larry. The SIM card of the phone that you transfer the number from will expire after the transaction is completed. We can replace the SIM card for free if the phone is a Straight Talk branded phone. However, you will need to buy a Bring Your Own Phone Activation Kit or SIM card if the phone is BYOP. If you need further assistance, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. Thank you.
ST - Larry

Postby dhchenault » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:21 am

I have a Hotspot that I use on a periodical basis. when I tried to activate it tonight it said SIM card could not be used.

David
dhchenault

Postby ST - Larry » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:26 am

Hi dhchenault. I'm Straight Talk Larry. I read your post and I am sorry you’re having some problems. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
ST - Larry

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general Straight Talk discussions.