SIM Card error

SIM Card error

Postby pandafalcon » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:25 am

Recently I dropped my phone into a swimming pool and while it was undergoing repairs, switched my service to a different phone. Once I got my old phone back and tried to reactivate it, I received the error message "Our records show that the SIM card number entered no longer can be used." I can't afford to buy a new activation kit for the phone, and I most certainly can't afford a new phone, so I was hoping there is some way around this infuriating error.
pandafalcon

Re: SIM Card error

Postby ST-Mary Ann » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:52 am

Hi pandafalcon! My name is Straight Talk Mary Ann. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. Please check your forum inbox for the message that I have sent. Thank you.
ST-Mary Ann

Postby bionicduck » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:14 pm

I am having this exact same problem. Broken 5c, activated and used 4s, friend gave me a deactivated 5c...sim card error when I try to activate it. "Our records show that the SIM card number entered no longer can be used"
bionicduck

Postby ST-Yvonne » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:33 pm

bionicduck wrote:I am having this exact same problem. Broken 5c, activated and used 4s, friend gave me a deactivated 5c...sim card error when I try to activate it. "Our records show that the SIM card number entered no longer can be used"

Hi bionicduck. My name is Straight Talk Yvonne. We apologize for the inconvenience. I’m going to try to help you now, but we need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message and you will receive confirmation of this at the email address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thanks.
ST-Yvonne

Postby rappinfats » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:46 am

I too have had the problem with the message "Our records show that the SIM card number entered no longer can be used." I had tried to use BYOP w/ a used iPhone, and had so much trouble getting it to work that I gave up and ended up buying a phone from Straight Talk. However, I recently purchased a phone that should work with my SIM card, however, when I try to activate it, I get the dreaded message... :|
rappinfats

Postby ST-Mary Ann » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:53 am

Hi rappinfats. I'm sorry to hear that you're having the same issue. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thank you.

ST Mary Ann
ST-Mary Ann

Postby Kinglash » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:23 pm

I am having the same problem trying to activate the old straighttalk phone my roommate gave me.
Kinglash

Postby ST-Jean » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:05 pm

Hi Kinglash! My name is Straight Talk Jean. Sorry for the trouble. Please check your forum inbox for assistance with your issue. Thanks.
ST-Jean

Postby conradicole » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:43 pm

I'm having this problem too. Do I need to buy another activation kit?
conradicole

Postby ST-Yvonne » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:39 am

conradicole wrote:I'm having this problem too. Do I need to buy another activation kit?

Hi conradicole. My name is Straight Talk Yvonne. We apologize for the inconvenience. I’m going to try to help you now, but we need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message and you will receive confirmation of this at the email address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thanks.
ST-Yvonne

Next

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general Straight Talk discussions.