ios 9 with TFW 23.0 no data connectivity

ios 9 with TFW 23.0 no data connectivity

Postby arpitgupta » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:32 pm

My service was activated (number ported from tmobile) on Dec 28th and moved over to ATT sim. I have an unlocked iPhone 6S+ bought from apple. I cannot get data or mms to work. I have been on calls with straight talk support for hours and been asked to restart my phone numerous times and still data does not work. They are asking me to update the apn settings but ios 9 does not allow that and straight talk website says that att profile should get updated automatically.

I have even did a complete restore and setup a brand new iphone thinking carrier settings will get updated but that also did not help.

Any one have any suggestions?
arpitgupta

Re: ios 9 with TFW 23.0 no data connectivity

Postby ST-Yvonne » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:36 pm

Hi arpitgupta! My name is Straight Talk Yvonne. We're sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message and you will receive confirmation of this at the email address you provided when you signed up for this forum.
ST-Yvonne

Postby bygman » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:33 am

I have the same issue. Just received an iPhone 6 for Christmas, so I am not sure if it is AT&T or T-Mobile. I do know it GSM. Network: TFW, Version 9.2, Carrier: TFW 23.0 Error: "Could not activate cellular data network. You are not subscribed to a cellular network."
bygman

Postby ST-Kurt » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:15 am

Hi bygman! Our apology for this matter. I am Straight Talk Kurt. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thanks!
ST-Kurt

Postby JustinCideya » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:17 am

I am having the exact same issue with a Verizon iPhone 6s. Did anyone get this resolved?
JustinCideya

Postby ST-Stacy » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:21 am

Hi! JustinCideya! This is Straight Talk Stacy. I am sorry that you're having an issue. I will contact you directly through private message. Please check your forum inbox. Thank you!
ST-Stacy

Postby JustinCideya » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:43 am

Did anyone ever actually get this fixed? the private messages i was sent just directed me to a chat, where, surprise, the representative was unable to help me yet again. I just want to use my data that i'm paying for! with how many people are experiencing this issue you would think they would have worked out a fix by now
JustinCideya

Postby acox222 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:24 pm

I have had the same issue since Friday January 8th. I bought my phone and SIM card from my local Wal-Mart. I chatted and talked with ST support for over 5 hours. Saturday they told us Wal-Mart sold us the wrong SIM cards. No problem. ST sent us new SIM cards and we got them Tuesday 01/05 and same problem. Another few hours with support and they gave up. Told me that Wal-Mart sold me not only the wrong SIM cards but the wrong phone...

So I order 2 brand new iPhone 6S from ST website and choose next day delivery. At this point I question every inconsistency I see on the website. I notice only 1 iPhone 6S says "in stock" next to it in my cart. I chat with Support again and they assure me that as long as the phone does not say "out of stock" the phones are in-stock and will be delivered Thursday.This order was placed after-hours so I assume we should get it Thursday, no big deal.

Nope, here we are 4:30PM Thursday and my order is still processing. No confirmation email, no tracking number, nothing. I guarantee one of my phones is out of stock. Now I am in a position where I have to return the original phones to the Wal-Mart before 14 days and my order from ST will most likely not be here. Leaving both me and my wife without phones.

If anyone has seen this issue resolved, please post here. I am expecting the same exact issue with the iPhone sold to me from ST but I am just doing everything they ask to better help them troubleshoot.
acox222

Postby ST-Yvonne » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:17 pm

Hi acox222! My name is Straight Talk Yvonne. We apologize for the inconvenience that you have experienced with the service. Let me help you with that but we need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message and you will receive confirmation of this at the email address you provided when you signed up for this forum.
ST-Yvonne

Postby madmaxmedia » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:13 pm

We have 3 Straight Talk lines, all with iPhone 6 or 6 Plus on iOS 9.

My wife's phone has a horrible data connection at all times, when the other phones are fine. I purchased a new nano SIM card thinking that was the problem. Yesterday I activated the card and transferred the existing Straight Talk line to the new SIM card. I then re-started the phone. The data connection is still horrible.

I exchanged SIM cards between my phone and my wife's phone. When I do that, my phone now has no connection (with her SIM card.) And her phone has good connection with my SIM card.

I am pretty sure there is some problem with her account? Can you please help?
madmaxmedia

Next

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general Straight Talk discussions.