Lost data connection...

Thank you for visiting the Straight Talk Forum, your one-stop resource for Straight Talk information.

Lost data connection...

Postby armin00as » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:47 am

Hi,
I have been very happy with Straight Talk so far, and everything worked just fine for weeks.... until I suddenly lost my data connection yesterday and it hasn't come back yet. I have been trying numerous things on the phone/software side, but to no avail. I am certain now that the problem is not related to my phone or the Android OS I'm running.

Therefore, I would appreciate someone from Straight Talk checking the account settings you have on file for me, as the problem seems to be at your end. My card/service got replenished just two days ago (and I received 3-4 confirmation SMS... which is unusually many) but now I don't have a 3G data network connection anymore. My phone service is working correctly, BTW.

My Phone: Samsung S3 (GT-I9300)
SIM: Straight Talk/AT&T

My APN Settings:
Name: Straight Talk
APN: att.mvno
Proxy: proxy.mvno.tracfone.com
Port: 80
User name: <not set>
Password: <not set>
Server: <not set>
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS proxy: 66.209.11.33
MMS port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Authentication type: PAP or CHAP
APN type: <not set>
APN protocol: IPv4
APN: enabled
Bearer: unspecified

I also would appreciate it if whoever contacts me doesn't try to make me jump through hoops ("Please reboot", "Please try this...", "Now try that...", "bla bla blaa...") to get this problem resolved -- as the issue is not related to my phone or the settings, since they were fine all the time. Unless, of course, Straight Talk or AT&T have made some [network setting] changes that didn't make it to my phone, for whatever reason...!(?)

Thanks for your help.
-- Armin
armin00as

Re: Lost data connection...

Postby Jessica_ST » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:50 pm

Good day, armin00as. We're sorry for the trouble. My name is Jessica_ST and I'll be addressing your concern. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thank you.
Jessica_ST

Postby armin00as » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:36 pm

OK, thank you, Jessica_ST!

However, I have been waiting for my data connection to be restored for more than 24 hours now ... and it's been several hours since your previous message, too.
When exactly do you plan on contacting me, please??

I need my data connection back, quickly, and I am starting to get upset about this service failure! Inexpensive service, or not... If it doesn't work or is unreliable, it's of no use for me.

As a matter of fact, I'm currently looking into alternative options with AT&T directly, and I just hope that you'll get back to me with a fix (and my data connection restored) before the guys from AT&T do. Even though I'd hate having to switch providers yet again, I'm not afraid to do so. And even though it'll cost me more money, I trust it will come with better customer service & most definitely more reliable phone/data service overall. -- I am waiting.

Thanks for your kind consideration... :lol:
AS
armin00as

Postby derekg612 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:13 pm

My data connection has also not worked since yesterday. What's the resolution? I'm using straight talk with a t-mobile sim.
derekg612

Ridiculous (customer) service!!!

Postby armin00as » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:21 pm

I'd laugh if it weren't so sad. Why has no one fixed my service yet? You guys are a bad joke... Rest assured, I will warn everyone I know about your rip off (or "business model", as you may call it...)!
armin00as

Postby pauljulian » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:10 pm

Sure hope you're not holding your breath, Armin... <grin>
pauljulian

Postby RACJ2 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:49 am

armin00as, did they resolve this for you? And did they have you change anything in the APN settings you listed?
RACJ2

Postby Jessica_ST » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:02 pm

Hi armin00as. Please check your Forum inbox for a private message. Thank you.
Jessica_ST

Postby Anniebee » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:48 pm

Just posting to be able to pm.
Anniebee

Postby pauljulian » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:03 am

Some times, I guess others have the clout to get answered... for what it's worth, my phone experienced the huawei.androidkeypadprogramming error again... and only because I had to remove my sd card after going through settings to remove it cleanly... reset itself, and powercycled.... only way out is to hard-reset the beast, and, though I'm glad I've gotten disciplined enough to back up daily, it shouldn't be necessary, as your firmware should not be this horribly unstable.

But, I'm sure, if anyone actually gives a damn enough to respond, it will be only to take me offline for this KNOWN ISSUE!!!!!! :evil:
pauljulian

Next

Return to Welcome