frozen screen on zte merit

Thank you for visiting the Straight Talk Forum, your one-stop resource for Straight Talk information.

frozen screen on zte merit

Postby annbirely » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:55 pm

I purchased a ZTE Merit the end of July. This was my first android so when the screen went black and froze the first time I called a phone number with an automated answering system I thought I'd done something wrong. It continued to do this randomly - I can not recreate this by deliberately calling a number I know has an automated answering system. When the screen goes black it freezes. I have touched the screen, tapped the screen, pushed the back button and have tried to power the phone off but it won't go off, even if I hold the power button down. This is so frustrating when all you can do is wait for the automated system on the other end to end the call or wait till someone eventually comes on the line. Last week I spent an enormous amount of time on the phone with a straight talk support employee. After taking my phone apart including the memory and sim card, battery, and removing the screen protector at the direction of the support person and then resetting my phone once I got it back together, the first automated call to retrieve my voice mail messages later that day caused the same problem. Since then it's happened about 4 or 5 times but I am trying not to call any numbers I think might have an automated system. I thought I had seen a post here by someone with a similar problem. I would appreciate feedback because there is clearly a problem with the phone having ruled out operator error and the need to reset it. Any thoughts?
annbirely

Re: frozen screen on zte merit

Postby Jennifer_ST » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:22 pm

Hi annbirely. My name is Straight Talk Jennifer. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message and you will receive confirmation of this at the email address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thank you.
Jennifer_ST

Postby annbirely » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:33 am

Thank you Jennifer but I haven't received anything in my inbox yet regarding a private message. Is there something I need to do first?
annbirely

Postby annbirely » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:57 am

Post # 2 I purchased a ZTE Merit the end of July. This was my first android so when the screen went black and froze the first time I called a phone number with an automated answering system I thought I'd done something wrong. It continued to do this randomly - I can not recreate this by deliberately calling a number I know has an automated answering system. When the screen goes black it freezes. I have touched the screen, tapped the screen, pushed the back button and have tried to power the phone off but it won't go off, even if I hold the power button down. This is so frustrating when all you can do is wait for the automated system on the other end to end the call or wait till someone eventually comes on the line. Last week I spent an enormous amount of time on the phone with a straight talk support employee. After taking my phone apart including the memory and sim card, battery, and removing the screen protector at the direction of the support person and then resetting my phone once I got it back together, the first automated call to retrieve my voice mail messages later that day caused the same problem. Since then it's happened about 4 or 5 times but I am trying not to call any numbers I think might have an automated system. I thought I had seen a post here by someone with a similar problem. I would appreciate feedback because there is clearly a problem with the phone having ruled out operator error and the need to reset it. Any thoughts?
annbirely

Postby annbirely » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:00 pm

Post 3 I purchased a ZTE Merit the end of July. This was my first android so when the screen went black and froze the first time I called a phone number with an automated answering system I thought I'd done something wrong. It continued to do this randomly - I can not recreate this by deliberately calling a number I know has an automated answering system. When the screen goes black it freezes. I have touched the screen, tapped the screen, pushed the back button and have tried to power the phone off but it won't go off, even if I hold the power button down. This is so frustrating when all you can do is wait for the automated system on the other end to end the call or wait till someone eventually comes on the line. Last week I spent an enormous amount of time on the phone with a straight talk support employee. After taking my phone apart including the memory and sim card, battery, and removing the screen protector at the direction of the support person and then resetting my phone once I got it back together, the first automated call to retrieve my voice mail messages later that day caused the same problem. Since then it's happened about 4 or 5 times but I am trying not to call any numbers I think might have an automated system. I thought I had seen a post here by someone with a similar problem. I would appreciate feedback because there is clearly a problem with the phone having ruled out operator error and the need to reset it. Any thoughts?
annbirely

Postby annbirely » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:02 pm

Post 4 I purchased a ZTE Merit the end of July. This was my first android so when the screen went black and froze the first time I called a phone number with an automated answering system I thought I'd done something wrong. It continued to do this randomly - I can not recreate this by deliberately calling a number I know has an automated answering system. When the screen goes black it freezes. I have touched the screen, tapped the screen, pushed the back button and have tried to power the phone off but it won't go off, even if I hold the power button down. This is so frustrating when all you can do is wait for the automated system on the other end to end the call or wait till someone eventually comes on the line. Last week I spent an enormous amount of time on the phone with a straight talk support employee. After taking my phone apart including the memory and sim card, battery, and removing the screen protector at the direction of the support person and then resetting my phone once I got it back together, the first automated call to retrieve my voice mail messages later that day caused the same problem. Since then it's happened about 4 or 5 times but I am trying not to call any numbers I think might have an automated system. I thought I had seen a post here by someone with a similar problem. I would appreciate feedback because there is clearly a problem with the phone having ruled out operator error and the need to reset it. Any thoughts?
annbirely

Postby annbirely » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:03 pm

Post 5 I purchased a ZTE Merit the end of July. This was my first android so when the screen went black and froze the first time I called a phone number with an automated answering system I thought I'd done something wrong. It continued to do this randomly - I can not recreate this by deliberately calling a number I know has an automated answering system. When the screen goes black it freezes. I have touched the screen, tapped the screen, pushed the back button and have tried to power the phone off but it won't go off, even if I hold the power button down. This is so frustrating when all you can do is wait for the automated system on the other end to end the call or wait till someone eventually comes on the line. Last week I spent an enormous amount of time on the phone with a straight talk support employee. After taking my phone apart including the memory and sim card, battery, and removing the screen protector at the direction of the support person and then resetting my phone once I got it back together, the first automated call to retrieve my voice mail messages later that day caused the same problem. Since then it's happened about 4 or 5 times but I am trying not to call any numbers I think might have an automated system. I thought I had seen a post here by someone with a similar problem. I would appreciate feedback because there is clearly a problem with the phone having ruled out operator error and the need to reset it. Any thoughts?
annbirely

Return to Welcome