ZTE z990g Storage Problems

Thank you for visiting the Straight Talk Forum, your one-stop resource for Straight Talk information.

ZTE z990g Storage Problems

Postby Consumer0821 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:01 am

This was originally posted by the person named below, but I am having the same problem and there is no resolution to be found. Only requests for Private Messages regarding resolution. Can someone please assist me?

zte merit storage problems

by williamsjo74 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:46 pm

I have recently purchased a ZTE Merit Android phone. I like the phone just fine but I keep getting a message that my internal phone storage is running low. I have downloaded next to no apps on this phone at all, mostly what came on the phone is the only thing on it. I did put in a larger sd card but all of the apps that came on the phone does not have any option for moving them to the sd card. I did find that in the system menu there is a system update section, when you go into it there is a storage card updates and from there it gives you the option to copy the update package to the sd card and free up space on the internal memory but when I try to do it, it tells me to copy update package to image directory on my sd card and then click ok, well I have no idea how to find the update package to be able to copy it there and I have no image directory on my sd card but I can create one if I need to. Any help in fixing this problem would be greatly appreciated.
Consumer0821

Re: ZTE z990g Storage Problems

Postby rmdickison » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:04 am

I have tried to get help with this same issue, and none has been available. Has anyone gotten a solution? Thanks! Love my phone other than this!!
rmdickison

Postby ST - Jayme » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:24 pm

Hi Consumer0821. My name is ST Jayme. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline, so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thank you.
ST - Jayme

Postby ST - Jayme » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:25 pm

Hi rmdickison. My name is ST Jayme. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline, so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thank you.
ST - Jayme

Postby tickleme1331 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:25 am

Hi, I am having the exact same problem too. Have only one app I downloaded, and rest came on phone. Called and spoke to technical help, which was no help, about system updates>copy update package to sorage card>. Said just move apps to sd card. But would not listen to fact that, the apps that came on phone can not be moved. I have to uninstall updates for these apps or can't get text messages, because memory is so low. Becoming extremly stressful, PLEASE HELP!!
tickleme1331

Postby Lindsay_ST » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:54 am

Hi tickleme1331. My name is Straight Talk Lindsay. We are sorry for the trouble. Let me help you. We need to take this issue offline, so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thank you.
Lindsay_ST

Postby waderagan » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:33 pm

I like others keep finding posts about the internal memory issues with the zte merit, but have yet to see an answer. how do you fix this problem. I installed a larger SIM card and installed a app that moves Apps to the SIM, but not all Apps will run on the SIM and cannot be moved.
waderagan

Postby Jessica_ST » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:57 am

Good day, waderagan. We're sorry for the trouble. My name is Jessica_ST and I'll be addressing your concern. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thank you.
Jessica_ST

Postby clankragg » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:49 pm

I am having the same issue as all of these other people. Storage issues. Please help.
clankragg

Postby clankragg » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:09 am

I am having the same issue with storage. Please help me too.
clankragg

Next

Return to Welcome