Slow to No Data Speeds

Thank you for visiting the Straight Talk Forum, your one-stop resource for Straight Talk information.

Slow to No Data Speeds

Postby Trooper » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:20 pm

Hi folks,

I am new to Straight Talk, as in today. I have an GSM Samsung Galaxy Nexus. My number was ported from Verizon and all is good, except for data.

What is happening (that I have noticed so far is).

1. When I try to go to any website via the stock browser, I keep getting a Authentication via the proxy server was unsuccessful message and the website does not display. Sometimes if I refresh it, it will then work.

2. Google Play gets a Network Error message. Takes a few tries to get it to work.

3. Using the Speedtest.net app, my download speeds wont work, or if they do, I am getting a whopping 6kps. Upload is over a meg 1344 or so. That should be right I suppose.

I used the APN settings from the Straight Talk Website, but still no go. The phone does report "H" up top so I should be getting better speeds than this correct? Any suggestions or should I just phone Straight Talk tech support?

My phone is on stock Jelly Bean OS from Google.

Oh also, how do I setup voice mail with you guys?

Thanks in advance!
Trooper

Re: Slow to No Data Speeds

Postby Charisse » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:58 am

Hi Trooper. My name is Straight Talk Charisse. Let me help you. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message and you will receive confirmation of this at the email address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thanks.
Charisse

Postby Trooper » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:56 pm

Hi. I am unable to reply to your PM. Can you please approve whatever you need to so I can get you this information. Data is horrible today. Not a good start to Straight Talk at all.

Thanks.
Trooper

Postby Trooper » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:08 pm

You guys really need to take away this limitation of posting. How can we get help if we are not able to post or reply to a PM?
Trooper

Postby r4fcio » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:56 pm

Same problem :(
r4fcio

Postby Trooper » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:07 pm

Can someone please approve me to respond to the PM's you are sending me? This is crazy.
Trooper

Postby pasieka2 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:53 pm

I'm having the exact same problems with Google Nexus browser. Can you post a solution or contact me as well? Thank you.
pasieka2

Postby Charisse » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:18 am

Hi Trooper. I have approved all of your posts. Please check your forum inbox if it's already enabled. Thanks.
Charisse

Postby Charisse » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:19 am

Hi pasieka2 and r4fcio. My name is Straight Talk Charisse. Let me help you. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message and you will receive confirmation of this at the email address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thanks.
Charisse

Postby elk68 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:29 pm

Hi,

I am having the same issues with zero to no data with my HP Veer. Along with others - this began noticeably August 9, 2012 after having the service for 2 months with no problems. I have called in for assistance but each of those representatives simply verified the APN and MMS settings and then stated that there are too many users and try using the phone at a different time.... to say that was not frustrating is an understatement.

Anyway, the HP Veer is a 4G ATT&T phone. It lights up the 4G icon and averages 2-3 bars at home and 3-4 bars at work yet drops the data so apps, web browsing, even getting into my email requires multiple refreshes and if they eventually do connect, they are only partially loading and s-l-o-w-l-y.

Any ideas on what to change or do? This seems to be affecting a lot of people all around the same time frame.

Thanks in advance.
elk68

Next

Return to Welcome