zte merit storage problems

Thank you for visiting the Straight Talk Forum, your one-stop resource for Straight Talk information.

Re: zte merit storage problems

Postby bink484 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:47 pm

williamsjo74 wrote:I have recently purchased a ZTE Merit Android phone. I like the phone just fine but I keep getting a message that my internal phone storage is running low. I have downloaded next to no apps on this phone at all, mostly what came on the phone is the only thing on it. I did put in a larger sd card but all of the apps that came on the phone does not have any option for moving them to the sd card. I did find that in the system menu there is a system update section, when you go into it there is a storage card updates and from there it gives you the option to copy the update package to the sd card and free up space on the internal memory but when I try to do it, it tells me to copy update package to image directory on my sd card and then click ok, well I have no idea how to find the update package to be able to copy it there and I have no image directory on my sd card but I can create one if I need to. Any help in fixing this problem would be greatly appreciated.
bink484

Postby Jessica_ST » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:13 am

Good day, bink484. We're sorry for the trouble. My name is Jessica_ST and I'll be addressing your concern. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thank you.
Jessica_ST

Postby lawilco » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:48 pm

How do I change it to store to the SD card?
lawilco

Postby krisscavo » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:06 pm

I have bought 2 of these phones in the last 2 months. I have the exact same issue with the memory card update package. I am completlyfrustrated with ZTE and Straighttalk for allowing such a messed up phone to be sold with their names on it and charging alot of money. not to mention the countless hrs I have spent reformatting SD card, searching for any online support including SD website, Google, ZTE, straighttalk etc. just to name a few. i have to constantly reenter phone numbers that get erased, apps ive never even had the chance to see. All my money and wasted time because I trusted straight talk for the service when both companies have known about these issues and hAVe done absolutely nothing to redeem themselves. In fact the phones are still on shelves like it doesn't exist. Why?
krisscavo

Postby Jessica_ST » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:09 pm

Good day, krisscavo. We're sorry for the trouble. My name is Jessica_ST and I'll be addressing your concern. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thank you.
Jessica_ST

Postby Bey Man » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:00 pm

Hello,

I am having the same problem with the same phone. So I guess we need to take this offline so that you can tell me what Straight Talk doesn't wan't all of the other owners and potential users of the phone to know. I will be waiting for your private message
Bey Man

Postby Scooter60216 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:12 pm

I too have just purchased this phone and found it awesome with the exception of the low memory issue. I have an SD card installed but have no idea how to format it. I installed applications to it and it seemed to work just fine. I have had to go back and uninstall any updates to even the factory installed applications, much less the apps I had downloaded(which was about 5) just to even get a text message. I looked at the app settings for messaging and you can "limit your thread count to 200 messages". How can you do this when you can only get about 20 total messages before the internal memory is low?
If someone could help me with this then I would be extremely happy because I want to keep this phone. Otherwise I am going to have to look at other options.

Thanks!
Scooter60216

Postby bamawxman » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:13 am

I am about to abandon this phone and plan. I'm having the same trouble. No space for apps and no way to move them to the SD card. And, virtually no information online to help.

Please help or lose our business.

Thanks.
bamawxman

Postby Jessica_ST » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:45 pm

Good day, bamawxman & Scooter60216. We're sorry for the trouble. My name is Jessica_ST and I'll be addressing your concern. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thank you.
Jessica_ST

Postby Scooter60216 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:04 pm

@Jessica_ST - My serial number is 864************.
Scooter60216

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome