Sony Xperia ion 4G LTE on straightalk

Thank you for visiting the Straight Talk Forum, your one-stop resource for Straight Talk information.

Sony Xperia ion 4G LTE on straightalk

Postby rg_usa » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:10 pm

Hi,
I am planning to buy an unlocked Sony Xperia ion 4G LTE and us it on Straight talk. I cannot find any information about this on the forums. Can you tell me if this will work? I would like to get the $45 monthly data plan. Which SIM card do I need to get? What speeds can I expect for data on this phone?

Thanks,

RG
rg_usa

Re: Sony Xperia ion 4G LTE on straightalk

Postby Stephanie_ST » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:05 am

Hi rg_usa. My name is StraightTalk Stephanie and I will be addressing your question. As long as it is an AT&T, T-Mobile compatible GSM phone or an unlocked domestic GSM phone, it will work with the BYOP (Bring Your Own Phone) Program. Please choose the SIM card that will be compatible with the phone. If you have an AT&T phone, choose AT&T SIM card. If you have T-Mobile, choose the T-Mobile SIM card. Or choose unlock if it is an unlocked phone. For more info about data usage, please refer to our online Terms and Conditions. To view the program, please visit www.straighttalkSIM.com. Thanks!
Stephanie_ST

Postby pantsmaster » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:11 pm

rg_usa: Have you tried to activate this phone yet? I bought a locked to AT&T version (which I don't think is a problem as long as you get the AT&T sim card) and I am able to make calls and send texts, but I cannot send picture messages. If someone sends me a picture message, I get a link to an AT&T website where I am supposed to be able to view it, but the page never loads (it does on my computer or my Verizon phone tho). Along the same lines, some pages like Google will load fine, while others will not load at all or sometimes I get a "504 Gateway Time-out - The web server is not responding". It says I have 4G service, but I don't have LTE in my area so it has to be HSPA+, which should be plenty fast. Other people in the forum have reported internet problems today, and I suspect that is also causing my problems. Customer support gave up trying to get picture messages to work, told me to call phone manufacturer :? I wish I knew someone with a working AT&T sim so I could troubleshoot this further.
pantsmaster

Postby klee2000 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:48 am

I 'm almost positive that your APN settings are not correct, make sure your setting are as follow!!!

Name: straight talk
APN: att.mvno
Proxy: proxy.mvno.tracfone.com
port: 80
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS proxy: 66.209.11.33
MMS port: 80
Authen Type: Pap or Chap
Apn type: internet & mms

Let me know how it went... PS. :ugeek: remember to save before you exit!!!!
klee2000

Return to Welcome