Activation problems

Thank you for visiting the Straight Talk Forum, your one-stop resource for Straight Talk information.

Activation problems

Postby Bonagee » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:04 pm

I have bought reconditioned Straight Talk phones for all my teenagers, first time I cannot successfully activate a Straight Talk phone. I bought a reconditioned Samsung R451C for my daughter, activated the phone online and was assigned a new phone number. I tried unsuccessfully many times to complete activation using *22890. I keep getting the message that the activation failed, have talked with Customer Service several times, each time given the same script and procedure to try unsuccessfully. I don't know if it matters but the phone number in the phone is a different area code/number than the number now displayed in the phone. Please help. Could the reconditioned phone be defective?
Bonagee

Re: Activation problems

Postby Jhonally_ST » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:45 am

Hi. My name is Straight Talk Jhonally. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message and you will receive confirmation of this at the email address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thank you.
Jhonally_ST

Postby narikogato » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:09 am

i'm having the same problem i just bought an LG qwerty phone and it said it may take an hour for my service to be active this is the second time i have had a problem with straighttalk
narikogato

Postby Shelly_ST » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:11 am

Hi, narikogato. My name is StraightTalk Shelly. I’m going to try to help you. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message so we can address this issue. Thank you.
Shelly_ST

Postby Roy » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:25 pm

I have been using a straighttalk phone for some time now and it's finally wearing out...I bought a new phone with the SIM and want to transfer my number to it. But the customer service is always busy and I can't do any good online. How do I transfer my number to a new phone? Online it says that I don't have another upgrade in my account. All I want is to use the new phone with my existing number. Please help.
Roy

Postby Anne_ST » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:16 am

Hi Roy. My name is Straight Talk Anne. I’m going to try to help you now.
We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I’ll contact you directly at the e-mail address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thanks.
Anne_ST

Postby HollySue » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:37 pm

Hello,

I an having the same issue with a phone that has been inactive for a month. Please help.

Thanks,
Holly
HollySue

Postby Sophie_ST » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:49 am

Hi HollySue. My name is Straight Talk Sophie. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I’ll contact you directly with a private message. Thanks.
Sophie_ST

Return to Welcome